Part time skilled work experience?

Old Mar 18th 2018, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

frogsfeet281 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Part time skilled work experience?

I lodged my EOI already but it has occurrd to me that some of the time working I have only been doing part time hours (22hr/week).

Basically I have 4 years 7 months at 30+ hr/week and 1 year 11 months at 22hrs/week. I claimed to have 6 and half years work experience!

Can I claim for all this time or just full time hours only?
Old Mar 18th 2018, 11:42 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Part time skilled work experience?

Originally Posted by frogsfeet281
I lodged my EOI already but it has occurrd to me that some of the time working I have only been doing part time hours (22hr/week).

Basically I have 4 years 7 months at 30+ hr/week and 1 year 11 months at 22hrs/week. I claimed to have 6 and half years work experience!

Can I claim for all this time or just full time hours only?
From the Home Affairs website page for 189 visas:

You can only claim skilled employment if:
•in the 10 years before you are invited to apply you completed at least 20 hours of paid work per week (this may be adjusted for shift or fly-in-fly-out workers) in your nominated occupation and/or a closely related occupation. Closely-related occupations must be: ◦in the same ANZSCO Unit Group or
◦consistent with a career advancement pathway or
◦determined by an assessing authority that it is closely related to your nominated occupation.
It looks like you are okay if it is 20 hours a week or more, but you could always check with a MARA agent. Last thing you want is a refusal for over claiming points.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 11:55 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you provide evidence of relevant *paid* employment at 20 hours per week or more.

Regards,

Richard
Old Mar 20th 2018, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan
Make sure you provide evidence of relevant *paid* employment at 20 hours per week or more.

Regards,

Richard
Thanks Richard.

With regard to *paid* employment does Statutory maternity pay count? I have all my payslips (I was going to send one from every quarter) and p60s for each year showing my income and annual salary.

I've been in the same position for the 6.5 years and on the same contract but with a reduction in contracted hours. None below 22 hours a week.

Many thanks

Dianne
Old Mar 20th 2018, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Regards,

Richard

Also, would you know if payslips, p60s and my original contract and offer of employment letter would be enough evidence for proof of skilled employement? I have been trying to get an employer reference confirming my employment but I work for the NHS and it's been like pulling teeth. I am being passed from pillar to post and no one will take responsibility and do it for me.

Wondered if you or anyone else knows if what I already have would be sufficient evidence?

I I submit and they require more evidence woukd they ask or just decline my application?

Many thanks again!

Dianne
Old Mar 27th 2018, 10:06 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Also, would you know if payslips, p60s and my original contract and offer of employment letter would be enough evidence for proof of skilled employement?

That's perfect yes. This evidence should also include a signed employment reference statement on letterheaded paper - signed by a manager or supervisor. The letter should detail your dates of employment, hours, and duties.

If your employer can't provide a reference statement, then a statutory declaration (countersigned by a solicitor) can substitute, providing you have the back up evidence above.

Regards,

Richard
Old Mar 29th 2018, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Also, would you know if payslips, p60s and my original contract and offer of employment letter would be enough evidence for proof of skilled employement?

That's perfect yes. This evidence should also include a signed employment reference statement on letterheaded paper - signed by a manager or supervisor. The letter should detail your dates of employment, hours, and duties.

If your employer can't provide a reference statement, then a statutory declaration (countersigned by a solicitor) can substitute, providing you have the back up evidence above.

Regards,

Richard
Thank you Richard. I managed to get a reference in the end. It's all been submitted now so fingers crossed!