Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Part 2 of Defacto , what to expect once in Oz?

Part 2 of Defacto , what to expect once in Oz?

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of
Default Part 2 of Defacto , what to expect once in Oz?

Hi Gang, just been so wrapped up in paper applications, didn`t stop to think about the other side.

Currently in UK, when visa is granted, and it WILL be, what may one expect on the other side in terms of visa conditions and processing? will I have to jump through rings of fire on a motor cycle? or the suchlike.

Seriously though, I havn`t a clue what part 2 entails.

Your thoughts as ever are embraced and cherished
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Part 2 of Defacto , what to expect once in Oz?

Originally Posted by 7immyboy
Hi Gang, just been so wrapped up in paper applications, didn`t stop to think about the other side.

Currently in UK, when visa is granted, and it WILL be, what may one expect on the other side in terms of visa conditions and processing? will I have to jump through rings of fire on a motor cycle? or the suchlike.

What part 2 entails depends on DIAC's whim at that point in time.

In my case, my wife and I had to provide stat decs to state that our relationship was continuing and describe how domestic duties are split up as well as contact details for 2 referees who knew us as a couple (neither were contacted).

My response to part 2 of the spouse visa fitted in a single DL sized envelope. That should give you an idea as to how much information to keep.

As for visa conditions, the only condition stated on my visa was when I had to enter Australia by. You'll be able to work and register for medicare from the day you land.

Good luck and enjoy the next two years.

Cheers

Steve

P.S. My second stage 'application' was done in November/December 2008 so things may have changed by now.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
What part 2 entails depends on DIAC's whim at that point in time.

In my case, my wife and I had to provide stat decs to state that our relationship was continuing and describe how domestic duties are split up as well as contact details for 2 referees who knew us as a couple (neither were contacted).

My response to part 2 of the spouse visa fitted in a single DL sized envelope. That should give you an idea as to how much information to keep.

As for visa conditions, the only condition stated on my visa was when I had to enter Australia by. You'll be able to work and register for medicare from the day you land.

Good luck and enjoy the next two years.

Cheers

Steve

P.S. My second stage 'application' was done in November/December 2008 so things may have changed by now.

Tip top!

Thanks mate!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 7immyboy

Hang on to a few bits of evidence, like rental agreements, make sure you open a joint bank account (even if you never use it) and make sure you keep DIAC informed of any address changes.
You should get the PR paperwork about a month before the second anniversary of applying for the temp visa - if you get to the two year anniversary and hear nothing, get in touch with them!