Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

parents - when can they apply to get their visa?

Wikiposts

parents - when can they apply to get their visa?

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 1:37 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default parents - when can they apply to get their visa?

as i didnt want to hijack the previous thread about this again, here is my query........

we are a family of 4 children, the eldest lives in australia and has done for nearly 9 years. we are 8 weeks from acknowledgment on a 138 sponsored visa, so just awaiting the pcc/meds requests in a few months (my brother is both the sponsor and AOS). my sister is about 5 weeks from acknowledgement on her 136 MODL visa application, so again waiting for pccs/meds. this means that we will have one sibling remaining in this country (we hope he too will join us at some time). our parents want to come over as well. they really do not want to go down the road of the temporary contributory parents visa, and we are looking at the PR contributory parents visa.

when can they apply? on the other thread, i am right in assuming that as soon as my sister enters australia to live permantly (she will enter b4 me, as her visa would come through quicker!), our parents can apply on the above visa? could anybody be the AOS (ie. sister-in-law or very good family friend)?, although my brother and his wife can provide a good income between them ($90k+ p.a. some months back!) could my brother sponsor us, and sponsor mum/dad as well? how long des this sort of visa normally take?

sorry for all the questions, but we are a little excited at the mo as we thought that mum/dad had to wait for the 2 years to elapse from whoever entered australia next, and therefore had to wait until the 2 years had passed b4 being able to put their visa application in!!!!

many thanks for any replies
SB
xx
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: parents - when can they apply to get their visa?

Hi SB

As soon as your 136 sister becomes usually resident in Australia, your parents will meet the balance of family and can lodge a contributory parent visa application. When the time comes for an assurance, it can be from any Australian Citizen or permanent resident (relative, friend or friend of a friend) as long as they meet the required levels of taxable income for the previous 2 tax years. It would need to be a very obliging friend to do an AOS for 10 years as Jeremy mentioned in the previous thread.

It may be that your brother and sister-in-law may have enough taxable income for the previous 2 tax years to both be approved separately to assure 2 adults each. The amount of required taxable income will increase with the more family members being assured and also on the family composition and situatio nof the assurer. So, if we look at your brother and sister-in-law being separate assurers, the level of income required to assure your parents, may be less than that to assure you. So, if your brother is the bigger earner of the two, it may be that your sister-in-law may qualify to assure your oarents but not you. So you need to work out the exact figure required to assure you and to assure your parents and plan accordingly.

Regards

Tony

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
as i didnt want to hijack the previous thread about this again, here is my query........

we are a family of 4 children, the eldest lives in australia and has done for nearly 9 years. we are 8 weeks from acknowledgment on a 138 sponsored visa, so just awaiting the pcc/meds requests in a few months (my brother is both the sponsor and AOS). my sister is about 5 weeks from acknowledgement on her 136 MODL visa application, so again waiting for pccs/meds. this means that we will have one sibling remaining in this country (we hope he too will join us at some time). our parents want to come over as well. they really do not want to go down the road of the temporary contributory parents visa, and we are looking at the PR contributory parents visa.

when can they apply? on the other thread, i am right in assuming that as soon as my sister enters australia to live permantly (she will enter b4 me, as her visa would come through quicker!), our parents can apply on the above visa? could anybody be the AOS (ie. sister-in-law or very good family friend)?, although my brother and his wife can provide a good income between them ($90k+ p.a. some months back!) could my brother sponsor us, and sponsor mum/dad as well? how long des this sort of visa normally take?

sorry for all the questions, but we are a little excited at the mo as we thought that mum/dad had to wait for the 2 years to elapse from whoever entered australia next, and therefore had to wait until the 2 years had passed b4 being able to put their visa application in!!!!

many thanks for any replies
SB
xx
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:13 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi SB

As soon as your 136 sister becomes usually resident in Australia, your parents will meet the balance of family and can lodge a contributory parent visa application. When the time comes for an assurance, it can be from any Australian Citizen or permanent resident (relative, friend or friend of a friend) as long as they meet the required levels of taxable income for the previous 2 tax years. It would need to be a very obliging friend to do an AOS for 10 years as Jeremy mentioned in the previous thread.

It may be that your brother and sister-in-law may have enough taxable income for the previous 2 tax years to both be approved separately to assure 2 adults each. The amount of required taxable income will increase with the more family members being assured and also on the family composition and situatio nof the assurer. So, if we look at your brother and sister-in-law being separate assurers, the level of income required to assure your parents, may be less than that to assure you. So, if your brother is the bigger earner of the two, it may be that your sister-in-law may qualify to assure your oarents but not you. So you need to work out the exact figure required to assure you and to assure your parents and plan accordingly.

Regards

Tony
many thanks for your reply tony. brother earns about 10k more than S-I-L (when i was informed about 6 months ago). so, my brother could AOS my family and myself (2 adults + 2 kiddies), and S-I-L could be the AOS for our parents (2 adults only). as long as she is okay with this, and doesnt plan to be AOS for any of her relatives in the 10 years it is needed......mmmm.

we have also got a very very very good family friend out there (and lived there for about 18 years), who sees my parents as his own (brothers best pal), whom im sure would be AOS if needs be.............

so, am i right in concluding that we could get the ball rolling and brother could be sponsor for parents after the first sibling arrives perm in austalia, and get an appropriate person to do the AOS (if centrelink arent happy with him and his wife doing both ours and our parents).

SB
x
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SB

You are right on all accounts, you seem to have all bases covered with an extra fielder on each base.

Tony

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
many thanks for your reply tony. brother earns about 10k more than S-I-L (when i was informed about 6 months ago). so, my brother could AOS my family and myself (2 adults + 2 kiddies), and S-I-L could be the AOS for our parents (2 adults only). as long as she is okay with this, and doesnt plan to be AOS for any of her relatives in the 10 years it is needed......mmmm.

we have also got a very very very good family friend out there (and lived there for about 18 years), who sees my parents as his own (brothers best pal), whom im sure would be AOS if needs be.............

so, am i right in concluding that we could get the ball rolling and brother could be sponsor for parents after the first sibling arrives perm in austalia, and get an appropriate person to do the AOS (if centrelink arent happy with him and his wife doing both ours and our parents).

SB
x
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:01 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi SB

You are right on all accounts, you seem to have all bases covered with an extra fielder on each base.

Tony
hurrahhhh....... we all thought after the retirement visa was a no no, that mum and dad would have to wait for whoever arrives in australia first to pass the 2 year milestone, before we could start the ball rolling for mum/dad to enter australia. now we can start as soon as sister gets her backside into australia. im off to ring them with the good news....many thanks

SB
XX