Parent Visas

Old Aug 25th 2006, 2:13 am
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Perth, Since Jan 05
Posts: 708
darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Parent Visas

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone know whether....

it is possible to apply for my mum to get a Parent Visa (ie the long 12 year wait), but if neccessary convert this to a Contributory Parent Visa at some point in the future.

At the moment, my Mum is happy visiting once a year for 3 months, however we recognise that in the future this may not always be the case and I would want her to move out here permenantly sooner than the Parent Visa waiting list will permit.

My Mum is currently only 61, so the wait for the Parent Visa is not "completely" out of the question, however hand on heart I suspect we will have to go down the Contributory route before the Parent Visa came to fruition.

She passes all requirements for both visas (balance of family, AoS, etc)

Really, I suppose what I am asking is do I have to start the process all over again (and pay the first part of the fees again), in order to apply for her in the Contributory Parent Visa class, or is there a way to convert between the two visas (when effectively you have had enough of the wait, or situations change)???

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter

Cheers
D
darkless is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2006, 4:56 am
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
tabby's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Wello Point, Bayside, Brisbane & Loving It !!!
Posts: 932
tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Parent Visas

Originally Posted by darkless
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone know whether....

it is possible to apply for my mum to get a Parent Visa (ie the long 12 year wait), but if neccessary convert this to a Contributory Parent Visa at some point in the future.

At the moment, my Mum is happy visiting once a year for 3 months, however we recognise that in the future this may not always be the case and I would want her to move out here permenantly sooner than the Parent Visa waiting list will permit.

My Mum is currently only 61, so the wait for the Parent Visa is not "completely" out of the question, however hand on heart I suspect we will have to go down the Contributory route before the Parent Visa came to fruition.

She passes all requirements for both visas (balance of family, AoS, etc)

Really, I suppose what I am asking is do I have to start the process all over again (and pay the first part of the fees again), in order to apply for her in the Contributory Parent Visa class, or is there a way to convert between the two visas (when effectively you have had enough of the wait, or situations change)???

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter

Cheers
D
I think you can apply for temp and transfer to 143 but alll the info on this can be found on www.immi.gov.au and search for booklet 3
tabby is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:19 am
  #3  
JAJ
Retired
 
JAJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 34,649
JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Visas

Originally Posted by tabby
I think you can apply for temp and transfer to 143 but alll the info on this can be found on www.immi.gov.au and search for booklet 3
This isn't really what was asked .... but you're right that booklet 3 is the reference point.
JAJ is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:52 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
tabby's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Wello Point, Bayside, Brisbane & Loving It !!!
Posts: 932
tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Parent Visas

Originally Posted by JAJ
This isn't really what was asked .... but you're right that booklet 3 is the reference point.

ooppppssss!!
tabby is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:24 am
  #5  
Bitter and twisted
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Upmarket
Posts: 17,503
Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Visas

Originally Posted by darkless
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone know whether....

it is possible to apply for my mum to get a Parent Visa (ie the long 12 year wait), but if neccessary convert this to a Contributory Parent Visa at some point in the future.

At the moment, my Mum is happy visiting once a year for 3 months, however we recognise that in the future this may not always be the case and I would want her to move out here permenantly sooner than the Parent Visa waiting list will permit.

My Mum is currently only 61, so the wait for the Parent Visa is not "completely" out of the question, however hand on heart I suspect we will have to go down the Contributory route before the Parent Visa came to fruition.

She passes all requirements for both visas (balance of family, AoS, etc)

Really, I suppose what I am asking is do I have to start the process all over again (and pay the first part of the fees again), in order to apply for her in the Contributory Parent Visa class, or is there a way to convert between the two visas (when effectively you have had enough of the wait, or situations change)???

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter

Cheers
D
As I understand it you will have to withdraw the parent visa before you can apply for the PC visa....this is what we had to do.

G
Grayling is offline  
Old Aug 26th 2006, 2:39 pm
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Perth, Since Jan 05
Posts: 708
darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Re: Parent Visas

Originally Posted by Grayling
As I understand it you will have to withdraw the parent visa before you can apply for the PC visa....this is what we had to do.

G
Thanks for the information

Shame about the answer though :-(

D
darkless is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.