Parent Visa

Old May 31st 2008, 1:29 am
XDA
Forum Regular

XDA is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Parent Visa

Hi

I have not posted for along time now as we are in OZ and all is going well. The reason for the post is that my in-laws are moving over on a contributory parent visa and i was looking for some clarification on the terms of the visa. If anyone can answer the following point that would be great.

1) How long do they get to validate the visa from issue
2) How long do they have to stay before they can applied for their passport
3) The visa is a contributory parent visa and we would like to know if they both have to activate at the same time or can they do it individually on separate trips.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Dave
Old May 31st 2008, 2:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Visa

Assuming it's a permanent contributory parent visa, then the answer to all three questions is "same as usual".
Old May 31st 2008, 8:33 am
XDA
Forum Regular

XDA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Can you let me know what is "same as usual"

Thanks
Old May 31st 2008, 1:43 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XDA
Hi

Can you let me know what is "same as usual"
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

http://www.citizenship.gov.au
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Maroubra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XDA
Hi

I have not posted for along time now as we are in OZ and all is going well. The reason for the post is that my in-laws are moving over on a contributory parent visa and i was looking for some clarification on the terms of the visa. If anyone can answer the following point that would be great.

1) How long do they get to validate the visa from issue
2) How long do they have to stay before they can applied for their passport
3) The visa is a contributory parent visa and we would like to know if they both have to activate at the same time or can they do it individually on separate trips.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Dave
Hi Dave,
We have just moved here on Contributory Permanent Parent Visa and we were given 9 months to validate the visa. You can arrive separately but the main applicant must come first - the visa will state this. I assume you mean an Australian passport to the other point - as a permanent resident you can apply for Citizenship whenever, I believe, and then the passport if required.

Hope this helps
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:21 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maroubra
as a permanent resident you can apply for Citizenship whenever, I believe, and then the passport if required.
To apply for citizenship you must have been resident in AU for at least 4 years now.
http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applyi...ligibility.htm