parent visa

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about
Default parent visa

This question has probably been answered a million times. We have been living in Perth for 8 months now and my parents have just had there first visit here. Needless to say they love it and want to immigrate. I am an only child so hopefully that makes it easier. I know they have to wait the 2 years but can they start the process when they go home next week. Also how much money would they have to put down. Any help would be appreciated.
carole
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:42 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: parent visa

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
This question has probably been answered a million times. We have been living in Perth for 8 months now and my parents have just had there first visit here. Needless to say they love it and want to immigrate. I am an only child so hopefully that makes it easier. I know they have to wait the 2 years but can they start the process when they go home next week. Also how much money would they have to put down. Any help would be appreciated.
carole
You should download and read the Parent Migration booklet as a start point.

You normally need to be 2 years in Australia before they can apply. Make sure you understand the 10 year Assurance of Support requirements, as these are additional to sponsorship.

Fees for the Contributory Parent visa are high - be prepared for that - but the wait times for regular parent visas (ie non-contributory) are approximately 10-20 years.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:50 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
carole
dont worry, the contributory parent visa takes about 8-12 months. parents have to put down a certain amount ($45K plus, i think). they get some of this back after so many years, less any claims.

do a search on contributory parent visa, you should come up with loads.

hopefully, my parents will be coming on this visa type.
xx
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:14 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
dont worry, the contributory parent visa takes about 8-12 months. parents have to put down a certain amount ($45K plus, i think). they get some of this back after so many years, less any claims.
The only money that is returned is the assurance of support bond ($14000 for a couple) after 10 years.

All the other charges are non returnable.

G
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:18 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
The only money that is returned is the assurance of support bond ($14000 for a couple) after 10 years.

All the other charges are non returnable.

G
yep, thats it. everything else, the country keeps, and quite rightly so. nothing has been paid into australia by these 'grey people.....lol', so why should australia pay for them in their old age.

i knew some monies came back, but couldnt remember figures.