Wikiposts

Parcel Force - Missing Form 1134!

Old Oct 30th 2004, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Parcel Force - Missing Form 1134!

Hi,

CHAPS..is that where you just transfer the money online?

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 30th 2004, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parcel Force - Missing Form 1134!

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi,

CHAPS..is that where you just transfer the money online?

Cheers

SS
Hi

Yes, CHAPS is just a way of making an online payment. I bank at Nat West and wanted to make the payment to HIFX in the fastest way and so chose the electronic payment method of CHAPS. I think you have to do it via your bank as they can confirm you have cleared funds (but not sure). Nat West just asked me to confirm I wanted to make an immediate payment. I asked about it and the guy said CHAPS was a safe and efficient way of making a same day payment to a UK bank. It cost me £23 (a bit costly given that it probably just entails the press of a couple of buttons!!!) to do the payment this way, but for me it was money worth paying as I wanted to make sure my money got to HIFX straight away so that the next onward payment could be made asap.

As an aside, it was all a bit of a funny situation - when I asked at the counter about making a transfer I was passed on to a 'manager' who whisked me off to an office upstairs to discuss further. This is obviously the world of the big financial dealers - well at least in my little Nat West branch!! - and to top it all I was told that they needed to do a couple of 'extra' security checks including writing down on the form the fact that I was 'not at work today because it was half-term and I had the day off - children with me (just to prove it)', i.e. explaining why I could possibly be there making such a finanical undertaking when I am usually a full-time worker!!! I think it threw them that I was buying currency and not transferring money from a property sale (the norm for CHAPS payments at my branch!!). I did have to have a little smile to myself on this one!

BB