Wikiposts

Parcel Force - Missing Form 1134!

Old Oct 26th 2004, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Parcel Force - Missing Form 1134!

Hi,

Just to let you know that it looks like Parcel Force (allegedly) have successfully managed to lose Form 1134. AusPost said it was sent to the Uk ont he 20th October, Parcel Force say that have no record of it in the UK. So unless theres been a Plane crash I havent heard about or its on a non-stop round the world flight, that I also havent heard of, someone somewhere has not done their job properly and lost it!

Looks like my Agent will try and get my CO to re-send another one, thus delaying the process by a good couple of weeks.

Has anyone ever lodged the bond (100k) using a blank Form 1134 and filled out Part 1 themselves? I have a scanned copy of the original which my Agent sent me..maybe I could use that as back up. I expect them will need to see the CO's actual signature but thought I'd ask the qquestion to my trusted friends out their in Expat land!!

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future
Default Re: Parcel Force - Missing Form 1134!

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi,

Just to let you know that it looks like Parcel Force (allegedly) have successfully managed to lose Form 1134. AusPost said it was sent to the Uk ont he 20th October, Parcel Force say that have no record of it in the UK. So unless theres been a Plane crash I havent heard about or its on a non-stop round the world flight, that I also havent heard of, someone somewhere has not done their job properly and lost it!

Looks like my Agent will try and get my CO to re-send another one, thus delaying the process by a good couple of weeks.

Has anyone ever lodged the bond (100k) using a blank Form 1134 and filled out Part 1 themselves? I have a scanned copy of the original which my Agent sent me..maybe I could use that as back up. I expect them will need to see the CO's actual signature but thought I'd ask the qquestion to my trusted friends out their in Expat land!!

Cheers

SS
Hi SS

Thats S*it news! Did your agent use EMS and give you a tracking number?
Sometimes its better to track it from auspost.com instead of royalmail.com.

It took 7 days for my grant letter to arrive this way, how long has it been for you?

Just to let you know, my form 1134 was a black and white copy that my CO signed, so if you have the scan or your agent took a copy i cant see that been too much of a problem, so long as the CO signature is on the form.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi Tincx,

Yep EMS and Auspost. Parcel Force told me to contact them cos they couldnt trace it in the UK. I did and Auspost said it was sent on the 20th!

I do have a scanned copy with CO's signature on it, and the Adelaide stamp etc, but when I asked WATC if I could use that they said I have to use an original. I may re-ask the question though and try and make it a bit clearer. I'm not sure if they understood what I was getting at.

The scan I have is ok, not the best quality but I agree, I thought they would have been able to use it.

7 days eh! It was picked up from my agent on the 18th so my 7th day was yesterday (if you include the weekend). Where abouts is your agent based?

Thanks again Toncx. I have been keeping a log of my emails just incase I need to prove I have been hunting for the form. Am still hoping to meet my December deadline, and maybe a visa grant by Xmas!

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Hi Tincx,

Yep EMS and Auspost. Parcel Force told me to contact them cos they couldnt trace it in the UK. I did and Auspost said it was sent on the 20th!

I do have a scanned copy with CO's signature on it, and the Adelaide stamp etc, but when I asked WATC if I could use that they said I have to use an original. I may re-ask the question though and try and make it a bit clearer. I'm not sure if they understood what I was getting at.

The scan I have is ok, not the best quality but I agree, I thought they would have been able to use it.

7 days eh! It was picked up from my agent on the 18th so my 7th day was yesterday (if you include the weekend). Where abouts is your agent based?

Thanks again Toncx. I have been keeping a log of my emails just incase I need to prove I have been hunting for the form. Am still hoping to meet my December deadline, and maybe a visa grant by Xmas!

Cheers

SS
SS

Agents in Sydney, but i should give it a few more days for the letter to arrive.
My tracking status was all shot, it said it had arrived at the destination country and was now in Sydney - Depot! They only changed it to with Parcel Force the morning i got the letter, so dont rely on the progress from EMS Tracking. I bet it arrives tomorrow SS
Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tincx,

That looks very very familiar! I have a similar message!

I still havent got my currency.....but will do soon. I really want to get the letter , then it'll make me get the currency and whetver rate it is!

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 27th 2004, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Update: Parcel Force have said it's not their responsibility because the parcel never arrived in the UK! SO back to AusPost then to sort this, although they have already told me it was sent on the 20th!

What a palava??

SS
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

What a palava??
SS
What a pain in the ass!

Good luck, i believe AusPost are much quicker at tracking than Royal Mail so at least thats one thing in your favour!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

I sure hope so!!

SS
Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:51 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I am about to send off for my skills assessment. There is NO WAY I am going to trust it to Royal Mail etc not even with regsitered delivery / insurance etc. I will pay the extra £30 and use DHL / UPS etc and trace it online each day.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Fair Play, though I have use Parcel Force myself and its been fine every time..until now! Am still no nearer finding out were the form is!!

SS
Old Oct 28th 2004, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi SS

What terrible news! I really hope it gets sorted soon. It's a stressful enough process without things like this or the other potential problems like DHL opening the medicals!

Fingers crossed that you will be posting some good news on here soon!

BB
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Beach Bound,

It looks like it has vanished into the great abyss! No one on the face of the planet seems to know where it is so it looks like I have to wait 3 weeks form my CO to re-send another.

And I stil havent bought my currency? Have you? Arent you using HIFX? What rate did you get? And when do you have to lodge your bond by?

Cheers, and good luck

SS
Old Oct 30th 2004, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Hi Beach Bound,

It looks like it has vanished into the great abyss! No one on the face of the planet seems to know where it is so it looks like I have to wait 3 weeks form my CO to re-send another.

And I stil havent bought my currency? Have you? Arent you using HIFX? What rate did you get? And when do you have to lodge your bond by?

Cheers, and good luck

SS
Hi SS

Yeah, we have used HIFX. Did the deal on Wednesday at a rate of 2.42. The trader thought the rates wouldn't move over the next couple of days. Went to the bank yesterday to arrange the CHAPS transfer to HIFX. We faxed the bond forms to Northern Territories Wednesday and DHL'd the originals Thursday afternoon. Our deadline is November 10th but Tincx put our minds at rest by pointing out we just need to email our CO to say we've completed the transactions from our side and it's now all in the hands of NT - who hopefully will get the signed forms back to her before the 10th anyway. I'm going to email her Mon/Tues once I've had confirmation from HIFX that they've transferred the money to NT's bank.

When do you have to post your post? If it takes 3 weeks to get another form will this jeopardise your date or are you able to get an extension? We were worried about meeting our bond date but as I mentioned above Tincx suggests that so long as we've completed everything this end and email the CO then all should be okay.

Keep me posted on your news and good luck!

BB
Old Oct 30th 2004, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi there,

It could well jeopardise my deadline of the 8th December but my agent says it'd be ok to get an extension if needed becuase this is out of my control. I have the funds ready to invest now and can prove it if necessary.

If I was able to use my scanned copy of form 1134 then I could invest it immediately but WA seem to think this is unacceptbale and I have to use the original, which will take 3 weeks to get there!

I'll probabyl buy my currency from HIFX this week so I can save a few days (ie buy now, it'll take 3-4 days for them to get paid via CHAPS or Cheque) - I doubt they will invest the money for you until you have paid them!!

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 30th 2004, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi there,

It could well jeopardise my deadline of the 8th December but my agent says it'd be ok to get an extension if needed becuase this is out of my control. I have the funds ready to invest now and can prove it if necessary.

If I was able to use my scanned copy of form 1134 then I could invest it immediately but WA seem to think this is unacceptbale and I have to use the original, which will take 3 weeks to get there!

I'll probabyl buy my currency from HIFX this week so I can save a few days (ie buy now, it'll take 3-4 days for them to get paid via CHAPS or Cheque) - I doubt they will invest the money for you until you have paid them!!

Cheers

SS
Hi again

It will save some time if you do buy your currency before you get your form. With HIFX you have only a couple of days to get the money to them. Our buy date was the Thursday and the balance is due this Tuesday. They say you can pay by cheque but this will take 5 working days to clear, plus there's the time in the post - and given your recent experience this may be an area you don't want to venture into!! I did the payment by CHAPS and the bank reckoned it would be there on Monday. Main downside of paying by cheque is (as they quote on their letter) the delay of 5 days for onward payment to Oz.

Will be interesting to see what happens to the rate with the US election on Tuesday. I wonder if you will see much difference in the rate?

BB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.