paperbased applications thread

Old Jun 30th 2008, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

annemarie and steven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: paperbased applications thread

Originally Posted by kazozz
hi guys

thought it may be a good idear for all us paperbased applications to have our own thread, give us an idear how many of us paper people are being processed??
we will have been waiting almost 8 months, am fed up of waiting.
There must be some paperbased out ther being processed. let us know,
hiy just to let u know we were told that our application would be granted may at the latest and we are still waiting on it coming and our agent doesnt know anymore than us it is so stressfull :curse:
hope you all hear soon xxx
Old Jun 30th 2008, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

In another 3 hours the Aussies will be in work on JULY 1ST!! Let the countdown commence!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

Hi all,
We were lodged on 17th December and our agent said about March / April. Latest news was June / July.
I am a little dissapointed about the paper applications taking longer and feel a bit of a melon because we handed loads of cash to our agent and didnt ask about paper / on line processes.
From reading this it looks more like August / September or am I being pesimistic? Its so frustrating isnt it? On the bright side.... Got to sell the house yet!!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

I am Oct 17th, 2 months earlier and we have heard nothing.....sorry but I think August Sept is realistic.

I am just hoping it comes within 12 months at the mo. There are some sept folk here and a couple early Oct that have Co's but its been slow.

Cx
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

I dont think some people really believe we are planning to go! I work with a few ozzies and they keep insisting I should have heard by now. Good to know timelines as I was only saying today it will DEFINATELY be by end of July. It really is slower now than 12 months ago isnt it?
Do all agents send paper based applications do you know? Lou
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LouB
I dont think some people really believe we are planning to go! I work with a few ozzies and they keep insisting I should have heard by now. Good to know timelines as I was only saying today it will DEFINATELY be by end of July. It really is slower now than 12 months ago isnt it?
Do all agents send paper based applications do you know? Lou
Most have done online which has been quicker but even these have slowed.

We had problems submitting our on line, so our agent sent a paper app.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 7:27 am
kazozz

kazozz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wandathecat
Most have done online which has been quicker but even these have slowed.

We had problems submitting our on line, so our agent sent a paper app.
hi guys
wheres all the wahooos?? fed up still waiting!!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

hi guys
None from me.....booo.....come on DIAC!!!!!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys
I have been waiting 9 months now- could have had a baby in that time!!
Visas are slower than pregnancy and make you feel just as sick- hope they bring as much joy when they arrive (not to mention sleepless nights for a while!)
Caroline
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:38 am
Just Joined

bailey2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

We are also paper based visa 176 applicants. Our timeline is:

Started visa process with agent March 2007
Skills passed September 2007
Application (176-family sponsored) sent by agent 14th December 2007
Application Acknowledged 14th January 2008
Meds done and sent March 2008
Police Checks Sent April 2008

Our agent originally said that we should have case officer by May. Then she changed this to July/August and when I emailed her last week she replied by saying unlikely before end of October!!. (However, she also told us she had to leave the company and return to OZ at end of July, but was unable to say why she was leaving!!).

Waiting for new agent to be appointed and hope that we can get some more comprehensive answers from the new agent.

Can anyone help on the following as our former agent did not know:

Our acknowledgement on 14th Jan said "AUTOMATIC NOTIFICATION OF APPLICATION FOR MIGRATION TO AUSTRALIA
UNDER THE GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION PROGRAM - REQUEST FOR FURTHER
INFORMATION" is this pre or full acknowledgement? or does this only apply to online applications.

Do we get told if our meds and police checks have cleared like the online applications or do we only get to know this when case officer is appointed?.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Visas are slower than pregnancy and make you feel just as sick- hope they bring as much joy when they arrive (not to mention sleepless nights for a while!)
Caroline
An excellent comparison - they also make you just as fat with all that comfort eating, not to mention the fluid retention with all that alcohol!!

We are paperbased, 136 sent Aug 07 and want to be out there Jan 09 at latest.

Caroline
Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Stefjt will become famous soon enoughStefjt will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Caroline
I wish I had had a baby! We are waiting til we get to Oz before having another but if I'd known how long this would take we'd could have had one by now! Dont you just feel like your life is on hold?
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

TheImmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stefjt
I wish I had had a baby! We are waiting til we get to Oz before having another but if I'd known how long this would take we'd could have had one by now! Dont you just feel like your life is on hold?
lol.. visa changes every thing in life, doesnt it?
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Stefjt
Not sure about another baby - 3 kids are expensive and demanding enough. Since selling my business in preparation for Oz, I am no longer working, i'd like to do a teacher training course but I can't even do that due to limbo-land. At least the sun is shining, the kids are now being fed and at last the ironing is being done - rather be on a beach in Perth.

Caroline
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Stefjt will become famous soon enoughStefjt will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Not sure about another baby - 3 kids are expensive and demanding enough. Since selling my business in preparation for Oz, I am no longer working, i'd like to do a teacher training course but I can't even do that due to limbo-land. At least the sun is shining, the kids are now being fed and at last the ironing is being done - rather be on a beach in Perth.

Caroline
lol! Only got 1 daughter so not feeling that way yet!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.