paperbased applications thread

Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: paperbased applications thread

Originally Posted by DebandPaul
Hi Jacky

will be booking meds on monday as only just found the number of panel doc in this area prob will go up to Liverpool as looks nearest

where are you heading for? we are torn between melbourne and NSW northern beaches
Deb x
Hi, I agree that nows a good time to do meds. We priced them and found Manchester and Liverpool a lot more expensive than other smaller towns/cities. We opted for Preston and saved a few hundred quid. Good luck

Caroline
Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

DebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Hi, I agree that nows a good time to do meds. We priced them and found Manchester and Liverpool a lot more expensive than other smaller towns/cities. We opted for Preston and saved a few hundred quid. Good luck

Caroline
Hi caroline

Thanks for the info will phone monday and check prices got the number for stoke on Trent and Shrewsburys to also try. may be worth a bit of a drive for a few hundred quid (didn't think it would have that much of price difference for 2 adults and 2 kids under 11) but need to consider waiting times too as prob should have done this a while ago like the organised people but was a/w this mythical case officer to contact me
Deb x
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

welshie4oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Deb

We had our medicals done in Wrexham.

Got an appointment within 1 week and it cost £600 for 2 adults & 2 kids (12 & 8 years).

Jo xx
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Hi

We had our meds done in Nottingham 2 adults and 2 kids cost £565.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

allthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to all

Well folks, meds all done and I am now £951.75 the lighter for the meds and £165 for x-rays

It took him just short of one hour to see 2 adults and five kiddies and hubby said he wouldn't mind being on his hourly rate

Kids were just checked for height, weight, sight and also a check of heart and lungs. Nothing too major and didn't upset them at all. Hubby and I were a little more in depth and we had to strip, I was given a gown, and we had all the same tests as the kiddies along with blood tests. All in all it wasn't too bad at all.

We then went along the road to have xrays done and we were in and out within 20 minutes. All quick and straightforward

Jacky xx
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

DebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by welshie4oz
Hi Deb

We had our medicals done in Wrexham.

Got an appointment within 1 week and it cost £600 for 2 adults & 2 kids (12 & 8 years).

Jo xx
Hi Jo
didn't see wrexham on the panel doctors list did you get your medicals resently or I going daft in my old age?? but if I can find the number wrexham is not to far from me would be good as that was a good preice for this area my kids are 10 and 4 so no xray for them Did that include full screening for bloods as I have to have all the tests as work in a hospital

deb xx
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: paperbased applications thread

Originally Posted by allthejs
Well folks, meds all done and I am now £951.75 the lighter for the meds and £165 for x-rays

It took him just short of one hour to see 2 adults and five kiddies and hubby said he wouldn't mind being on his hourly rate

Kids were just checked for height, weight, sight and also a check of heart and lungs. Nothing too major and didn't upset them at all. Hubby and I were a little more in depth and we had to strip, I was given a gown, and we had all the same tests as the kiddies along with blood tests. All in all it wasn't too bad at all.

We then went along the road to have xrays done and we were in and out within 20 minutes. All quick and straightforward

Jacky xx
doesn't sound as bad as I expected:
Old Jul 19th 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by allthejs

Jacky xx
Think I'll stick to Nottingham all we had to take off was our shoes and socks LOL
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

welshie4oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Deb

We had our medicals done in March, it didn't include full bloods though, but an x-ray for our elder daughter.

The number was on the list our agent gave us, I don't have it now, but it's the BUPA hospital in Wrexham, next to the Maelor Hospital.

Jo xx
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

sram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nice

Hi All,

I'm on paper based as well lodged in mid-Oct 2007. Detail as follow still waiting for CO assignment. DIAC folks sure are taking their sweet time processing our application

GSM (sponsor) Class VE Subclass 176
IELTS : 4 Oct 2007 (Pass)
Submit Application : 15 Oct 2007
DIAC Acknowledgement : 18 Oct 2007
Assign CO : Still Waiting
MED & PC : Pending

Family of 4 : Wife, Daughter (9+), Mother (65) & myself.

So far any Oct'07 folks gotten assign to CO ?

Cheers !
sram
from Singapore
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sram466
Hi All,

I'm on paper based as well lodged in mid-Oct 2007. Detail as follow still waiting for CO assignment. DIAC folks sure are taking their sweet time processing our application

GSM (sponsor) Class VE Subclass 176
IELTS : 4 Oct 2007 (Pass)
Submit Application : 15 Oct 2007
DIAC Acknowledgement : 18 Oct 2007
Assign CO : Still Waiting
MED & PC : Pending

Family of 4 : Wife, Daughter (9+), Mother (65) & myself.

So far any Oct'07 folks gotten assign to CO ?

Cheers !
sram
from Singapore
Hi Sram

from reading the posts it seems that a few lucky people have had their paper based visa granted all have front loaded medicals and police checks some were on the job in demand list others weren't does seem a bit random!!! many didn't know they had a case officer till after visa was granted so on that basis I'm filling in forms this weekend and will try and book medicals ASAP on monday (diet started yesterday)

good luck Deb
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

sram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nice
Post Re: paperbased applications thread

Hi Deb,

I would suggest you hold the MED still CO ask. I understand the MED has a validity period. At the current DIAC processing rate be prepare for a very very long waiting time ...

Best of luck,
sram
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Deb,

I would suggest you hold the MED still CO ask. I understand the MED has a validity period. At the current DIAC processing rate be prepare for a very very long waiting time ...

Best of luck,
sram
That depends on how quickly you want to get over there, I've frontloaded my meds and hoping to go straight to visa granted. I'm waiting to book my flights would love to go in October. I have spoken to quite a few people that have had visas granted past the DIAC times that are shown. I think the DIAC waiting times include high rish countries.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Deb,

Best of luck,
sram
Hi sram

Yes the meds are valid for a year I hope that my visa is a straight forward one as a Nurse (loads of points) with no complicated family to sort just hubby and 2 kids. I hope that if health ok then I'm ready to go as the thought of another UK winter would send me over the edge!!! I am starting to beleive that case officers are a fictional joke on us pomms as has anyone ever seen one???
Deb x
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolinemaria

Caroline
Hi Caroline

Thanks you were dead right about liverpool and manchester they were even snappy on the phone when hubby rang to ask price and waiting times

preston was very nice and well worth further investigation did you have to get undressed?? seems to be a difference on the depth some peoples medical investigations

as a nurse I have a healthy avertion to going to the GPs and hate getting my kit off and medicals etc thats prob why left medical till now rather than get it over with!!

Deb xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.