British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Panic - SHould we check (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/panic-should-we-check-222796/)

Tarryn Apr 7th 2004 6:04 am

Panic - SHould we check

Hey there!

We have recievd our request for Meds & PCC in Feb.

Our Meds arrived at Dimia on 17th Feb 04
Our Police Certs arrived at DIMIA on 24 March 04

We haven't heard anything, so please someone tell me I shouldnt panic, but wait, and relax...... who has just received their pregrants? How long did it take??? I know its only been 2 weeks.... and this is painful, but I am nervous, and excited, and nervous.

EEKS! Should we send an email to the case officer to make sure sure she got it..... or rather not as the last thing she needs is someone else nagging....... oh the waiting, its crazy!

Mad rambling over.... thanks for reading - nothing like a good vent!

Hans de Visser Apr 7th 2004 7:21 am

Re: Panic - SHould we check

My pre-grant was issued exactly on the due day for my medicals/pcc (the date mentioned in the med/pcc request, before which they must be in Adelaide). So I'm guessing at least some case officers use the method of waiting until the due date and then checking to see if everything has arrived and then process it, rather than processing anything when it comes in (Which makes sense in a way, as many people will send pcc and medicals separately, and it is easier for the case officer to wait until everything should have arrived and then process it in one go).
So I'd say wait until a week or two after the 'due date' in the med/pcc request you've been sent, before panicking!

biggy Apr 7th 2004 8:38 am

Originally posted by Tarryn
Hey there!

We have recievd our request for Meds & PCC in Feb.

Our Meds arrived at Dimia on 17th Feb 04
Our Police Certs arrived at DIMIA on 24 March 04

We haven't heard anything, so please someone tell me I shouldnt panic, but wait, and relax...... who has just received their pregrants? How long did it take??? I know its only been 2 weeks.... and this is painful, but I am nervous, and excited, and nervous.

EEKS! Should we send an email to the case officer to make sure sure she got it..... or rather not as the last thing she needs is someone else nagging....... oh the waiting, its crazy!

Mad rambling over.... thanks for reading - nothing like a good vent!
CHILL OUT!!!!!! It will come soon

I dont know what class of visa you are....we were BQ 139 it was 3 weeks after our meds/PCC were received at DIMIA before we got the request for our bond money......so you have plenty time yet

Billabong Apr 7th 2004 9:14 am

Allegedly there are problems at DIMIA with post getting to the case officers.

I sent something to them on Monday and still not heard anything:mad:

sammy03 Apr 7th 2004 1:05 pm

Hi Tarryn,

ours was visa 136 and after we sent out police certs it took 10days to grant the visa but we were not intimated by our case officer thru the email. So i was in the same as u are now. but it took us 10more days after the grant for the actual mail to come to us. so i guess its on the way. dont worry too much.

Good luck
Sammy

bonza69 Apr 7th 2004 1:37 pm

Originally posted by sammy03
Hi Tarryn,

ours was visa 136 and after we sent out police certs it took 10days to grant the visa but we were not intimated by our case officer thru the email. So i was in the same as u are now. but it took us 10more days after the grant for the actual mail to come to us. so i guess its on the way. dont worry too much.

Good luck
Sammy
Dont panic,our case officer emailed us and asked us to send her a detailed reference of micks job,(she wanted to know whether or not he was still employed with the same company and how much he earned a year,)we sent them nearly 2 weeks ago,i emailed her to see if she had received them,and she said no,but not to panic as they have a back log of nearly 2 weeks mail at the moment.
natasha xx

Rupi Apr 8th 2004 1:56 am

after medicals in june our residence came on october.howz that for patience.
so just b a bit patient...it will come sooner than later
rupi

Tarryn Apr 10th 2004 4:13 am

Thanks all

Will keep waiting... great to see Calins gto his sorted out.

For those who asjed we applied under Skilled Independent - IT.

God Bless
T

TPTAZ Apr 10th 2004 5:29 pm

VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOOHOOO

Tarryn here logging in from home - just got the letter - visa granted 31/03/2004, must enter before 11/02/05.

Thanks for the support & advice & putting up with all the silly questions & panic attacks.

See our timeline on austimeline under TPTAZ.

Bestw wishes to all & blessings to all the wise agents who monitor these boards

Leo Apr 10th 2004 6:05 pm

Re: VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOOHOOO

Congratulations on your visa.
The patience paid off.

Have a great life down under.

../Leo

Originally posted by TPTAZ
Tarryn here logging in from home - just got the letter - visa granted 31/03/2004, must enter before 11/02/05.

Thanks for the support & advice & putting up with all the silly questions & panic attacks.

See our timeline on austimeline under TPTAZ.

Bestw wishes to all & blessings to all the wise agents who monitor these boards