Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Oz: Border case of Points for age-Please help

Wikiposts

Oz: Border case of Points for age-Please help

Old Jun 5th 2002, 9:20 am
Prad

Default Oz: Border case of Points for age-Please help

Hello friends,

I request your help for the following situation of mine.

I have submitted my application for skill assessment to IEAUST and awaiting
their report.

I understand that the skill assessment report is a prerequisite to submit form 47SK.

My problem is regarding points for age.

My date of birth is July 30th 1968 and Iam 33 years old now and I will attain 34
years as on 30th July 2002.

1. If I submit my application on or before 30th July 2002, can I claim 25 points for
age? Will the points be awarded based on the date of application OR date of
processing by Adelaide centre?

2. If I do not receive my skill assessment before 30th July 2002, can I forward
my visa application, with a request that my skill assessment result shall be
sent later?

As you may be aware, these 5 points have become very crucial in light of the recent
increase in points. So any suggestions and help will be invaluable to me and I shall
be thankful to you for the same.

With thanks in advance

Prad

Old Jun 5th 2002, 9:20 am
Jaj

Default Re: Oz: Border case of Points for age-Please help

>On 5 Jun 2002 13:44:20 -0700, [email protected] (prad) wrote:

>
    >My problem is regarding points for age.
    >
    >My date of birth is July 30th 1968 and Iam 33 years old now and I will attain 34
    >years as on 30th July 2002.

If you are aged 34 you will still get 25 points for age. Points for age drop to 20 on
your 35th birthday.

>
    >1. If I submit my application on or before 30th July 2002, can I claim 25 points for
    > age? Will the points be awarded based on the date of application OR date of
    > processing by Adelaide centre?

Date of application.

>
    >2. If I do not receive my skill assessment before 30th July 2002, can I forward my
    > visa application, with a request that my skill assessment result shall be sent
    > later?

No. You must have a skill assessment, although you could submit a skill assessment
other than IEAUST (eg VETASSESS) and forward the IEAUST assessment later.

Jeremy

Old Jun 9th 2002, 6:27 pm
Vladimir Menkov

>>1. If I submit my application on or before
[one's 35th birthday],
    >> can I claim 25 points for age? Will the points be awarded based on the date of
    >> application OR date of processing by Adelaide centre?
    >

In article <[email protected]>, ...>Date of application.

Am I right in assuming that the "Date of application" is more or less the day when
the application is delivered by mail to the Adelaide office (or, at the latest, only
a few days later)? That is, if it is the date when the envelope is actually opened by
a DIMIA clerk and the application is stameped with the "Received" stamp, and the
DIMIA office happens to have a several weeks' backlog of unopened envelopes, then
some procrastinating people may be out for un unpleasant surprise!

--Vladimir

Old Jun 9th 2002, 8:21 pm
Jaj

>On Sun, 9 Jun 2002 05:19:14 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Vladimir Menkov)
    >wrote: Am I right in assuming that the "Date of application" is more or less the day
    >when the application is delivered by mail to the Adelaide office (or, at the latest,
    >only a few days later)?

My belief it is based on date of receipt by Adelaide. Although it's best for the
applicant to send the application by courier and hence be able to get a proof of
delivery to the office.

>That is, if it is the date when the envelope is actually opened by a DIMIA clerk and
    >the application is stameped with the "Received" stamp, and the DIMIA office happens
    >to have a several weeks' backlog of unopened envelopes,

I've never believed those stories that post goes 'unopened' although it may well be
that certain items of mail are not dealt with immediately.

Jeremy