Overweight OH and medicals........

Old Nov 16th 2009, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of
Default Overweight OH and medicals........

We are due to go for our medicals soon and have been nagging my OH for 6 months now to loose a bit of wait with little effect.I am the primary applicant and will be mighty pissed off with him if he holds us back.So,my question is this.........is there a guideline somewhere as to what is an "acceptable" weight in order to pass a medical? He is something like 135kgs and 5ft 11 and the wrong side of 40 ! Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overweight OH and medicals........

Make sure his blood pressure is below 140/90. I'm on BP tabs as mine is borderline.

I don't think weight in itself is an issue although they do measure BMI etc...
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Weight is not an issue unless it is affecting your health. Know a bloke who is a body builder - 6ft tall and a lot heavier than 135 kgs - got in no probs.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 9:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirlw
We are due to go for our medicals soon and have been nagging my OH for 6 months now to loose a bit of wait with little effect.I am the primary applicant and will be mighty pissed off with him if he holds us back.So,my question is this.........is there a guideline somewhere as to what is an "acceptable" weight in order to pass a medical? He is something like 135kgs and 5ft 11 and the wrong side of 40 ! Any advice greatly appreciated.
Tell him that if he doesn't lose weight you'll have to leave him behind. That should do the trick!

However, on a more serious note, the weight itself shouldn't be too much of an issue. It's the other comorbidities like diabetes, heart disease, etc that they're more concerned about. If he's otherwise healthy he should be ok.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

My measurements are close to your husband's ( I won't disclose my exact weight ), and my meds are cleared. So, do not worry, he will pass

Ahmad
Old Nov 17th 2009, 12:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ahmadj
My measurements are close to your husband's ( I won't disclose my exact weight ), and my meds are cleared. So, do not worry, he will pass

Ahmad
What? You mean the hottie in your avatar isn't you?
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Thanks for the heads up guys.......I am going to get our GP(who is a friend)to write a covering letter cum report about his weight control and otherwise healthiness.At one stage this year he did do 6 months of gym going 5 days a week for an hour each.That was when he lost about 5 kgs but put on twice again when he stopped
Old Nov 17th 2009, 7:45 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the heads up guys.......I am going to get our GP(who is a friend)to write a covering letter cum report about his weight control and otherwise healthiness.At one stage this year he did do 6 months of gym going 5 days a week for an hour each.That was when he lost about 5 kgs but put on twice again when he stopped
I dont really understand why the report/letter from the GP. At 135kg his weight really isnt under control at all really ?

Sounds to me as though his diet is generally rubbish. Abs are made in the kitchen sadly, not the gym.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:25 pm
Still alive

Shirl, I really wouldn't bother with the letter/report thing. If Australia denied visas to every fat person the country would be empty. As I said earlier, if he is otherwise healthy he shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Dorothy,he has 3 weeks now to redeem himself.........after that it's curtains for him
Old Nov 18th 2009, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Like the new Avatar btw!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What? You mean the hottie in your avatar isn't you?
it is not me. Well, just for the records, I am way hotter than he is

(p.s. avatar is for the legendary footballer Paolo Maldini)
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ahmadj
it is not me. Well, just for the records, I am way hotter than he is
(p.s. avatar is for the legendary footballer Paolo Maldini)

I double dare you to prove it!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:22 am
Still alive

I double dare you to prove it!
Triple dare.

The Perth firefighters calendar came out last week and Mr January came to my department to drop off a bunch for us to sell. He came by again today to pick up the money and very kindly autographed my calendar. My birthday is in January so he did a nice birthday wish. Now, I double dare anyone to be hotter than Mr January from the Perth firefighters calendar 2010.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Calm down ladies! Sheesh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.