Wikiposts

Over 60's Immigration - Advice please

Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all
Default Over 60's Immigration - Advice please

Hi all,

My in-laws seem to have got the bug and are thinking of joining us when we go.

They are both retired, is there any VISA they could apply for and under what terms and conditions?

Otherwise, whats the longest time allowed on a tourist VISA?

Thanks
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:47 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 60's Immigration - Advice please

Originally Posted by seat151
Hi all,

My in-laws seem to have got the bug and are thinking of joining us when we go.

They are both retired, is there any VISA they could apply for and under what terms and conditions?

Otherwise, whats the longest time allowed on a tourist VISA?

Thanks

There is the retirement investment visa.

It requires a bond of $750000 plus an income of $65000 pa. (less in regional areas).....it is a 4 year temporary visa

If they pass the balance of family test when you move then you would be able to sponsor for a parent contributory visa in a couple of years.....this is a PR visa

G
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

Is that $65K per person, or per couple?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:59 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Is that $65K per person, or per couple?
I think it is per couple......they would also need private medical insurance.

How many children do they have?

G
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

They have 2 children, my other half and a son.

We have our VISA application already lodged, and the son has no intention of moving!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

They have 2 children, my other half and a son.

We have our VISA application already lodged, and the son has no intention of moving!

That's OK.....they would pass the balance of family test so you could sponsor them for a parent contributory visa a couple of years after you arrive (if you have PR)

The PC visa is a PR visa and gives full medicare and work rights.

It costs around $60000 for a couple plus an AOS.

G
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks.

Gives me 2 years of peace then before they join us!!!

(If my wife is reading this, I'm only joking)
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:15 pm
Bitter and twisted

Thanks.

Gives me 2 years of peace then before they join us!!!

(If my wife is reading this, I'm only joking)
Probably nearer 4 years as the visa is currently taking a couple of years to process.

G