Our last day in the UK!

Old Nov 4th 2002, 6:40 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Our last day in the UK!

Hi guys,

We are off tomorrow so I just thought I would say goodbye for now!
Fly 6.05pm 5/11 from Heathrow land Christchurch NZ 11.10am 7/11!

This last week has been the worst bit, living out of half packed suitcases on my mums dining room floor. The goodbyes have been awful, I'm not to bad as long as people don't cry but if they do I'm done for.The worst so far my 83yr Aunty declaring that this is the last time I will see her as she will be dead before I come back to visit!!!! I'm dreading tomorrow waving goodbye to my Mum and Ians dad, my mum will be sobbing I just hope it dosen't upset the kids, but on the posotive side she has already booked her flight to come and see us in April so I am hoping to turn it into more of a see you later moment!!

Anyway despite all of the above we are really excited the motel we are staying at has an internet cafe so hopefully I should be able to post a report quite soon.

bye

Paula, Ian & kids
Old Nov 4th 2002, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

All the best Paula & Ian - reading your post certainly brought back the memories!! Saying goodbye is never easy, I (still!) say to my parents that although NZ is the otherside of the world, it's only 24hrs away..whats 24hrs?!

Congratulations on getting so far, I really hope NZ works out for you, have a safe flight & good luck in your new life!

Russ
Old Nov 4th 2002, 12:35 pm
JPW
Forum Regular

JPW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey best of luck guys!!!

Let us know how you get on when you arrive!

How much do you think it has cost to date to finance the move?
(Doing some budgeting today!).

Good luck!
J
Old Nov 4th 2002, 1:32 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Enjoy the flight and make us all jealous by telling us about the start of spring/summer over there (we got our first snowfall this morning, made the village look very Alpine!)

Good luck - Don
Old Nov 4th 2002, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

wannabee sheila is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paula Ian and kids

Good luck and all the best for your new life in NZ.

I know exactly how you feel today as its our last day in the uk too. we head out to Brisbane tomorrow night. All the excitement, the sad goodbyes and all the great stuff to look forward to. Its such a rollercoaster of emotions to deal with but it will be worth it.

Have a great time

Karen
Old Nov 4th 2002, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our last day in the UK!

All the best, we'll be doing the living out of suitcases when we become homeless on saturday, but at least theres a new life to look forward to. Have a great time and let us know how you settle in.
Sue