Our experience 136 MODL

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Shaz n Paul will become famous soon enough
Default Our experience 136 MODL

Ok, firstly a big thankyou to everyone who has congratulated us on our VISA!

Thought it might be useful to share some of our experience with everyone else...

Agent..

We went with VISA Bureau and cannot fault them whatsoever, our case worker changed halfway through the process so we expected things to take alot longer though this was not the case, they were very thorough and were really helpful when we were filling in all that paperwork!

Meds...

Dr Baker in Wrexham Yale Hospital.. Absolutely fab, didn't know anything about the application itself when we asked a question but was very quick (was there about an hour for 2 adults), x-ray done fine again staff really friendly and helpful.
Note, Paul has problem with Hypertension (Blood Pressure) but as he is on meds for it it was classed as "controlled".
Only done a couple of months ago and cost £440 for both of us x-rays all inc.

Paperwork...

References for Paul were an absolute nightmare and took us about 3 months to write up altogether as Paul has been in about 8 jobs over the past 3 years moving from garage to garage. All I can say is try and get dates as accurate as possible and always keep a copy of paperwork for yourself (sounds like common sense but trust me, it was the last thing we thought of) luckily Case Worker kept a copy and faxed through to us as we needed info again for medical forms. It obviously really helps and saves time if dates match up on ALL paperwork.

NEVER CHUCK ANYTHING!!! Even though you will have to use a spare room to keep all the paperwork, don't throw anything away no matter how small it seems as it's very likely you will need it at some point!

Police Checks...

Really easy, unfortunatley ours took 5 weeks but we sent them off long before they were requested so had them ready to go. Pop in to you local cop station and it costs £10 at reception.

Just to clarify as we were so confused.. You can complete your Police Checks and Medicals before you are allocated a Case Officer. As long as you have sent your final paperwork, have a case file number and are expecting a CO within a few months this is fine. The only problem is if there are delays, your Police Checks and Meds are only valid for a year.

I can't quite think of anything else at the moment, still on a high and loooking for somewhere to live!

If you have any more questions, please feel free to PM me. I don't know if I can be much help but will try my best.

Honestly without this site at times we would have been lost!

Good luck to all of you waiting...It does come....eventually!!!

Shaz and Paul
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our experience 136 MODL

A great read and well done, many congratulations, enjoy your new life down under
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

michaelgwq is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Well done, what a releif all of that is over.

just a few questions if u don't mind, we sent our app of at the end of Aug, we decided to get our meds done last wk so we could send them off, they haven't gone yet, i need to check if the blood results are back, any way what i am wondering is, since we haven't yet got a case officer, how do we know if they will go to the right place/person?? do we need to keep hold of the meds until we are allocated a case officer and then send them thru once they are requested?? I'm confused, i had it in mind that we would send them straight away but not sure if thats the right thing to do. Please help.

thanks
Claire
x
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by flump View Post
Hi

Well done, what a releif all of that is over.

just a few questions if u don't mind, we sent our app of at the end of Aug, we decided to get our meds done last wk so we could send them off, they haven't gone yet, i need to check if the blood results are back, any way what i am wondering is, since we haven't yet got a case officer, how do we know if they will go to the right place/person?? do we need to keep hold of the meds until we are allocated a case officer and then send them thru once they are requested?? I'm confused, i had it in mind that we would send them straight away but not sure if thats the right thing to do. Please help.

thanks
Claire
x
Hi, Your meds will have your passport number written on each page which will electronically link to you file number when you get it, so you won't have a problem.

The panel doctor will not give them to you as he has to keep hold of them.

Only one thing I can say is make sure you get them sent by courier as this will save you the stress of wondering whether they have arrived if sent by Royal mail as in my case. My first knowledge of arrival was when my vias was granted.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations.

Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

fayeziebabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Our experience 136 MODL

Originally Posted by Shaz n Paul View Post
Ok, firstly a big thankyou to everyone who has congratulated us on our VISA!

Thought it might be useful to share some of our experience with everyone else...

Agent..

We went with VISA Bureau and cannot fault them whatsoever, our case worker changed halfway through the process so we expected things to take alot longer though this was not the case, they were very thorough and were really helpful when we were filling in all that paperwork!

Meds...

Dr Baker in Wrexham Yale Hospital.. Absolutely fab, didn't know anything about the application itself when we asked a question but was very quick (was there about an hour for 2 adults), x-ray done fine again staff really friendly and helpful.
Note, Paul has problem with Hypertension (Blood Pressure) but as he is on meds for it it was classed as "controlled".
Only done a couple of months ago and cost £440 for both of us x-rays all inc.

Paperwork...

References for Paul were an absolute nightmare and took us about 3 months to write up altogether as Paul has been in about 8 jobs over the past 3 years moving from garage to garage. All I can say is try and get dates as accurate as possible and always keep a copy of paperwork for yourself (sounds like common sense but trust me, it was the last thing we thought of) luckily Case Worker kept a copy and faxed through to us as we needed info again for medical forms. It obviously really helps and saves time if dates match up on ALL paperwork.

NEVER CHUCK ANYTHING!!! Even though you will have to use a spare room to keep all the paperwork, don't throw anything away no matter how small it seems as it's very likely you will need it at some point!

Police Checks...

Really easy, unfortunatley ours took 5 weeks but we sent them off long before they were requested so had them ready to go. Pop in to you local cop station and it costs £10 at reception.

Just to clarify as we were so confused.. You can complete your Police Checks and Medicals before you are allocated a Case Officer. As long as you have sent your final paperwork, have a case file number and are expecting a CO within a few months this is fine. The only problem is if there are delays, your Police Checks and Meds are only valid for a year.

I can't quite think of anything else at the moment, still on a high and loooking for somewhere to live!

If you have any more questions, please feel free to PM me. I don't know if I can be much help but will try my best.

Honestly without this site at times we would have been lost!

Good luck to all of you waiting...It does come....eventually!!!

Shaz and Paul
Congratulations!! You are really lucky as we're still waiting. Can anyone tell me the answer to this? Our PC's run out on 20th Feb 08 (medicals were sent 27/09/07 - late due to baby) - is the immigration department OBLIGED to send us the visa by 20 Feb or if they're running late will we be asked to provide the PC's again? Do you know anyone that this has happened to? We didn't go through an agent so any help would be much appreciated!

thanks
Old Nov 10th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz n Paul will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fayeziebabes View Post
Congratulations!! You are really lucky as we're still waiting. Can anyone tell me the answer to this? Our PC's run out on 20th Feb 08 (medicals were sent 27/09/07 - late due to baby) - is the immigration department OBLIGED to send us the visa by 20 Feb or if they're running late will we be asked to provide the PC's again? Do you know anyone that this has happened to? We didn't go through an agent so any help would be much appreciated!

thanks
Thanks

I wouldn't put money that they are obliged to do anything, we went with an agent and they still left everything till last minute and we had no complications! We asked our agents if we could do our police checks before they were due and she did tell us that that was fine but if they have still not requested them in 12 months time, we would have to re-do them

Hope this helps?

Shaz
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

thanks for your reply. So how much notice were you given??
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
They are not obliged to send you the visas by then. If processing is not complete, then they may request fresh police checks. Unless fresh police checks are done that will almost certainly be the validation date, so you will all need to enter Australia by 20th February.
if it's the 20th Feb, and they've not finished processing, how can we enter without a visa? I'm going to get them done anyway but it's just a bit of a minefield!!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:55 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fayeziebabes View Post
if it's the 20th Feb, and they've not finished processing, how can we enter without a visa? I'm going to get them done anyway but it's just a bit of a minefield!!
Once again. They would ask for new police checks if the old ones expire.

You can help yourself by getting new ones done now.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:03 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JAJ View Post
Once again. They would ask for new police checks if the old ones expire.

You can help yourself by getting new ones done now.
I agree. If you get the visa and they haven't expired yet then you would be all be expected to enter the country by Feb 2008.

So why not just get yourself new ones now and send them off. They're relatively cheap and you might just by yourself a bunch of time.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by comet555 View Post
I agree. If you get the visa and they haven't expired yet then you would be all be expected to enter the country by Feb 2008.

So why not just get yourself new ones now and send them off. They're relatively cheap and you might just by yourself a bunch of time.

I agree, it took 18 months for us to get our visa's, not terribly complicated had a slight medical condition. Got our visa's July 07 emigrating Dec 07
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your replies. Going to the police station today. I'll let you all know when our visa arrives and if on time!!!
Faye