Other London to Adelaide Apps - status?

Old Jan 2nd 2003, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Yes we had our medicals and police requested .

Their letter was posted 16/12/02 so it took a while to get to us.

Have to have it all posted back by 3 feb so the nice dr has given us the 14th for our meds.

He said he has had alot of requests for these recently and is full up till end of jan but squashed us in as I am good at grovelling! He is our local dr.

Don't really know what to do next with regards the house etc. Should we sit still and do abit more waiting as that is what we are good at. Or, should we be putting the house on the market? It is all abit scary now !!

They have on the letter that it can take up to 3 months after the meds have been done.

Oh, my tummy is jumping up and down.
Old Jan 2nd 2003, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all

Hiya,

We are still here too - had the letter saying our application has gone to Adelaide and that's it. Applied October 2001. Can't be doing with another few months of this weather. The aim is to be out there before my 30th at the end of July - do you think I am being optimistic? It does give me hope reading this forum, though there doesn't seem to be any order in their progress does there?
Old Jan 2nd 2003, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

I reckon you can do it by then. They wanted all the London ones done in 6 months - I think it was, so think positive, you will be there.
Old Jan 2nd 2003, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't see any logic in their progress at all....
However progress is progress and shouldn't be knocked...
We're now hoping to be there September - we'll see..

Mash....

Originally posted by welshgirl
Hiya,

We are still here too - had the letter saying our application has gone to Adelaide and that's it. Applied October 2001. Can't be doing with another few months of this weather. The aim is to be out there before my 30th at the end of July - do you think I am being optimistic? It does give me hope reading this forum, though there doesn't seem to be any order in their progress does there?
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 9:15 am
Just Joined

pateln is an unknown quantity at this point

this is pateln, my agent says i got my pre-grant letter (yipee!!)
we have to be in Aus by 30 June 2002.

We applied on 21 August 2001.

I am on holiday, will back in UK in 7 days
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Excellent. Well done

I've got that you front loaded medicals, when did you actually do them?
Cheers
Mash..

Originally posted by pateln
this is pateln, my agent says i got my pre-grant letter (yipee!!)
we have to be in Aus by 30 June 2002.

We applied on 21 August 2001.

I am on holiday, will back in UK in 7 days

Last edited by mashiraz; Jan 3rd 2003 at 9:56 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

we have been waiting 18 months now, and still no news. can we go for medicals and get police checks before were asked to. or do we have to wait for our agent to let us know when we should go. i thought it might speed things along if we get them done now so theyre already done when we hear from adelaide. our agent seems to think we should wait until they get in touch. but i am fed up of bloody waiting, and want to feel like we are moving forward.sorry to go on but surely having the medical results ready to hand over would be better. andie
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 3:26 pm
Melbourne here we come..

madmorgans is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by andie
Hi Andie

We applied Oct 2001 but front loaded our medicals- not that it seems to have helped matters.!

We have just re-applied for another set of police forms as the othersare now out of date!!! Apparentley there seems to be a bit of a back log(whats new) for police clearences, we were informed it should not take TOO much longer!

Why dont you go ahead and have your medicals done, after reading some other threads on the forum there also seems to be a waiting list at some GPS for the medicals. You have nothing to loose now (after all you have waited 18 months and average processing times are 20 months)

We had ours done in Brum, if you want details email me.

Good Luck

Simone
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by andie
we have been waiting 18 months now, and still no news. can we go for medicals and get police checks before were asked to. or do we have to wait for our agent to let us know when we should go. i thought it might speed things along if we get them done now so theyre already done when we hear from adelaide. our agent seems to think we should wait until they get in touch. but i am fed up of bloody waiting, and want to feel like we are moving forward.sorry to go on but surely having the medical results ready to hand over would be better. andie
Andie, we were told by our agents not to do the medicals in advance. Like you, we wanted to have everything done, ready to send when they were asked for, but our agent said that Adelaide use different medical forms and the old ones that you could download no longer apply. All we wanted was to feel as if we're doing something positive! We put our police checks in just before Christmas just for something to do as we plan to leave (if we get the visa) in September, so it would easily give us a year to validate. I know it's frustrating and depressing. If you want any more details of our conversation with our agent, just let me know.
Parrot
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Grotbags is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add to what Parrot said, we were also told the same by our agent. We have now just received our medical requests and they have been stamped by the Skilled Processing centre in Adelaide. Maybe that 's what the agents mean - you have to wait for the forms to be sent with the stamps on them?
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info, sounds like theres nothing to do but wait until agent gets intouch. if the forms are out of date and you have to have them stamped by adelaide, then its more waiting, thats all we seem to do. i think i.l go ahead and get police checks done, at least it.l seem like we are doing something. we are due to call our agent again, to have another moan, hes never got anything possitive to say, just the same old saying, all you can do is wait until adelaide gets in touch............sometimes wonder what we are paying them for. andie
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Lisa BB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mash

It's Lisa B here (now Lisa BB as I've re-registered due to probs with password!)

Me and hubby got requests for medicals day before xmas eve. Applied July 2001 skilled ind. John (hubby) also has to provide some xtra info (not much, shouldn't prove too difficult).

Don't know if you remember that last May we went to Aus for 3 weeks and came back deciding we wouldn't be emigrating? It wasn't that we didn't love Australia (we and our 3 kids had a ball!) but we thought that when push came to shove, we've got a good life here and I didn't think that I'd be able to leave my family. Well, I got some great and useful replies from regulars on this forum ranging from 'home is where the heart is' and 'carry on with application - you've got 5 years to activate it - keep options open.' Well, life has improved dramatically for us here - John's business has gone from strength to strength - BUT, after receiving our medical requests we're in turmoil. We're thinking of going out there for a year and renting out here, so that whether we decide to stay there or not, at least we've had a year of fun and adventure! Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. Oh, and I still haven't forgotten the family. Think my mum will go bonkers once she hears that maybe we will be going to Australia after all!!

Good luck everyone with the waiting and deciding....
Lisa B
X
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Great to hear from you Lisa, sounds like you got on with life during the wait. Where would I have been if I'd done that? anyway no regrets so far and waiting for postie every day.

Glad you are going to see it through. It gives you options - some you take, so you leave behind.
Best of luck with your plans..
Mash..

Originally posted by Lisa BB
Hi Mash

It's Lisa B here (now Lisa BB as I've re-registered due to probs with password!)

Me and hubby got requests for medicals day before xmas eve. Applied July 2001 skilled ind. John (hubby) also has to provide some xtra info (not much, shouldn't prove too difficult).

Don't know if you remember that last May we went to Aus for 3 weeks and came back deciding we wouldn't be emigrating? It wasn't that we didn't love Australia (we and our 3 kids had a ball!) but we thought that when push came to shove, we've got a good life here and I didn't think that I'd be able to leave my family. Well, I got some great and useful replies from regulars on this forum ranging from 'home is where the heart is' and 'carry on with application - you've got 5 years to activate it - keep options open.' Well, life has improved dramatically for us here - John's business has gone from strength to strength - BUT, after receiving our medical requests we're in turmoil. We're thinking of going out there for a year and renting out here, so that whether we decide to stay there or not, at least we've had a year of fun and adventure! Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. Oh, and I still haven't forgotten the family. Think my mum will go bonkers once she hears that maybe we will be going to Australia after all!!

Good luck everyone with the waiting and deciding....
Lisa B
X