Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Original reference letters to ACS, for DIMA ?

Original reference letters to ACS, for DIMA ?

Old Jan 16th 2003, 12:15 pm
Ranga Guruge

Default Original reference letters to ACS, for DIMA ?

Hi,

Form 47sk requires certified copies of the reference letters sent to
the ACS.

But, I sent the original reference letters to the ACS. It was easy
since I had only one employer and I am still with him.

Could someone tell me what I have to do now ?

thanks
Ranga

Old Jan 16th 2003, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Lana is an unknown quantity at this point

Get him to sign another letter. If you are still with him and you are gonna claim points for recent work experience, there is no need to send a letter from him saying you have worked there from the time of the ACS letter until now, and another letter from the same employer equal to the one you sent to the ACS... makes no sense.

They say you gotta send copies of the papers you sent to the ACS cause most people don't have your employment history - we sent letters from like 10 different employers to the ACS, so we are sending those and an updated letter from my husband's current employer. They just wanna check that the letters are not fakes, and they in my opinion they should - the ACS didn't call or email any of my husband's employers.
Old Jan 16th 2003, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

cookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant future

i sent certified copies of the reference letters sent to
the ACS. Give me 60 point
Old Jan 16th 2003, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

baloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Original reference letters to ACS, for DIMA ?

Originally posted by Ranga Guruge
Hi,

Form 47sk requires certified copies of the reference letters sent to
the ACS.

But, I sent the original reference letters to the ACS. It was easy
since I had only one employer and I am still with him.

Could someone tell me what I have to do now ?

thanks
Ranga
The ACS guidelines (and DIMAs too for that matter) do state that if you send originals of documents you will not get them back. Therefore they encourage you to rather send certified copies of documents.

You do need to send reference letters to DIMA as well, so you will need to get another reference letter from your employer seeing as you don't have the previous one given to you.
This time you should get a certified copy made, and send that, keeping the original rather...
Old Jan 17th 2003, 6:36 am
Stene

You ca do like I did. I had two signed originals, one I sent to ACS
and the other to DIMIA.

Brgds

Magnus

On 16 Jan 2003 05:15:30 -0800, [email protected] (Ranga Guruge)
wrote:

::Hi,
    ::
    ::Form 47sk requires certified copies of the reference letters sent to
    ::the ACS.
    ::But, I sent the original reference letters to the ACS. It was easy
    ::since I had only one employer and I am still with him.
    ::Could someone tell me what I have to do now ?
    ::thanks
    ::Ranga

Old Jan 17th 2003, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

saturn is an unknown quantity at this point

I submitted ACS a reference letter back in Aug 2002 from my previous employer where I had my 6 months traineeship ( full time paid after I had finished my degree). As a matter of fact I did not need to send one as my B.S. degree was equal to Australian B.S. and I was assessed positevly under category A meaning that this reference letter didnt play any role at all.

Now, Just recently I got the same reference letter ammended by the employer putting my designation as "Software Engieer" instead of "AIESEC Trainee" on it (this will help me to get 10 points from 3 years of skilled experience)

Is it going to create problems for me if DIMIA happens to be comparing the documents sent to ACS and finds out that reference letter sent to ACS says I was working as an "AIESEC Trainee" but the letter they got now says I was working as a Software Engineer.

Is there possibility that DIMIA after refusing to give me 10 points from 3 years skilled experience will put me in the pool without notifying or asking me for any clearance on my exprience.

During my traineeship I was doing software development on java Platform which the letter clearly states and it was full time and paid after I had finished my degree.

-Saturn