Options running out

Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Options running out

Try other states mate they can get you the SS as I m in aviation too.I know a lot of oldies are retiring from industry check casa website.for more info on my words.if all else fails then go for other visa options
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

I have sent you a PM , cheeers
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:25 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stressed Eric
Hi lovely peeps

In answer to your questions I have 25yrs experience in Aviation and the reason we aren't applying for a 457 at this stage is that my eldest child is in his last 2 yrs of schooling so we don't really want to make the move until 2013.

Your replies are certainly helpful & I suppose if we don't get a 176 then the 457/856 route is a possibility, I've never really looked at those options before.

Could you tell me - if I did get 457 am I still eligible to take my family?
Yes, most definitely. Spouse will also have unrestricted work rights, so long as your primary 457 remains valid. Good article in the wiki section for you to read the rest: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/457_Visa_Restrictions

What are the rules regarding 856 - do I still have to be points tested and would there be age restrictions ie me over 45.
it has the 45 as the age limit (bad?), but it is not points tested (good). You may need to pass/re-up your skills assessment, with a few exceptions available. Read here, with the rest of the eligibility criteria - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...bclass-856.htm

Would the new points system (to be introduced in July) apply to 856 ?

Thanks again for your invaluable help.

SE
The points test does not apply to the 856 at all. What you need to be more concerned about, is that your occupation code stays on ENSOL until it is time to apply for the ENS visa.

And you are welcome

Last edited by newjersey; Jan 20th 2011 at 7:29 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:04 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newjersey
Perhaps the employer feels more secure hiring someone on a temp visa, because the guy would then be on a short leash for quite some time. In a way, employee has to earn his PR with the company.
Absolutely.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Stressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the rough

Hi lovely peeps,

Thanks again to everyone who has given me advice. NJ - good info on 457/856.

ponyrama - could you give me more info on the offshore ENS route as I've never heard of this. Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Stressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the rough

Just found the link

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/

might be of interest to others too.

What I'm going to do is apply for 176 SS. If I get it this will stand up well for job applications, as in the past I have looked at aviation job sites and the
1st filtering question is "Are you entitled to work in Australia?"

If the employer offers me the job in another state (outwith my 176 entitlement) then I shall ask the employer to sponsor me on a 121.

I think this route will help us get to our initial choice of WA.

Failing the 176, then I'll go for 121 when my eldest finishes his school (hence wanting 176 to buy us time - him finishing school/me @ 42yrs - if you get my meaning)

Last edited by Stressed Eric; Jan 20th 2011 at 9:17 pm. Reason: Trying to make it sound logical but failing miserably
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:01 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Just found the link

What I'm going to do is apply for 176 SS. If I get it this will stand up well for job applications, as in the past I have looked at aviation job sites and the

If the employer offers me the job in another state (outwith my 176 entitlement) then I shall ask the employer to sponsor me on a 121.

Failing the 176, then I'll go for 121 when my eldest finishes his school (hence wanting 176 to buy us time - him finishing school/me @ 42yrs - if you get my meaning)
Sounds sensible - I think you will find that if you have submitted a 176 application, and then find a job and a sponsor, you are entitled to a "fee free" ENS application i.e. you dont have to pay twice. Some capital cities can also use RSMS (119) provisions, which has lower eligibility criteria - I think all of SA, NT and Tas are covered (check postcodes on immi website) - so thats another option for you in the future. Good Luck.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Sounds sensible - I think you will find that if you have submitted a 176 application, and then find a job and a sponsor, you are entitled to a "fee free" ENS application i.e. you dont have to pay twice. Some capital cities can also use RSMS (119) provisions, which has lower eligibility criteria - I think all of SA, NT and Tas are covered (check postcodes on immi website) - so thats another option for you in the future. Good Luck.
good advice ponyrama - thanks very much
Old Jan 21st 2011, 1:41 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Just found the link

Eric,

I don't know much about your industry as I am in IT, but you seem like a wonderful fellow and I wish you good luck in finding an appropriate visa to Oz.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jan 21st 2011, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Foha & the very best of luck to you
Old Apr 1st 2011, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Well, things aren't going our way

Filled the on-line application for SA, sent off my docs - tracking them every day, almost every hour. Docs were at Sydney last time I looked, nearly there...nearly there.....nearly but not fast enough!!! List for my trade has changed status today to "Not Available".

That's 3 states now ... I think it must be an omen, our dream is over I think
Old Apr 1st 2011, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

bikeframed will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by umair
How many points you are securing now for GSM visa
Eric, sorry to hear about SA. You didn't answer umair's question so I'm left wondering if there is any chance you could qualify for a 175 after July 1? That might involve redoing the IELTS test to get an 8 in all bands but your occupation is on SOL schedule 3 and you seem to have several years experience. Processing times may be slower than for a 176 but that could give your son time to finish school before making the move so that may not be a bad thing in the long run.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bikeframed
Eric, sorry to hear about SA. You didn't answer umair's question so I'm left wondering if there is any chance you could qualify for a 175 after July 1? That might involve redoing the IELTS test to get an 8 in all bands but your occupation is on SOL schedule 3 and you seem to have several years experience. Processing times may be slower than for a 176 but that could give your son time to finish school before making the move so that may not be a bad thing in the long run.
Hi BF,

My age is keeping my points down, 42. So if I score myself it will be:-

Age 15
IELTS 20 (if I can improve on my score)
Overseas work exp 15
Quals 10

So sitting at 60 I need the extra 5 from sponsorship

I think I am going to have to wait for the new lists to come out (2012/13) unless there is something I have missed. Thanks for your reply BF
Old Apr 1st 2011, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Incidently, does any of you nice people know when the new quota's are coming out ?
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 6:43 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Incidently, does any of you nice people know when the new quota's are coming out ?
In the new fiscal year, which starts in July. Not necessarily on the 1st though, the states have a right to review the lists, so the 1st would be the best case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.