Wikiposts

Options?

Old Feb 20th 2009, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of
Default Options?

Hello all,

New to the forum and this is my first post.

Firstly I'll apologise as this question has probably been asked many hundreds of times before but searching through didn't really answer what I wanted.

First up I hoped someone could clarify what options are available and what are the chances of obtaining a visa.

My wife to be (in August) is a Pharmacist and her profession is on the MODL. I work in IT as a Business Analyst but this isn't on the list. We both have degrees and are in our early thirties. No kids yet. Would any visa application be done with her as the main applicant? Are the chances of success good? And how long could we expect to wait?

We have worked in Oz before on a WHV a few years back. There is the chance she could be offered a job back where she worked when we were there which would obviously increase chances significantly but I was wondering what the chances are without this.

Secondly - use a migration agent or not? With things as important as this I'm always tempted to let an expert deal with it. Will it speed things up using one? What's an average price for their services? I know some use this forum so feel free to PM if you would prefer.

Thanks in advance for any replies and apologies again for asking what's probably obvious but me heads all over the place

Last edited by steen1976; Feb 20th 2009 at 11:15 pm. Reason: fat fingers
Old Feb 20th 2009, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Options?

Originally Posted by steen1976
Hello all,

Secondly - use a migration agent or not? With things as important as this I'm always tempted to let an expert deal with it. Will it speed things up using one? What's an average price for their services? I know some use this forum so feel free to PM if you would prefer.

:
Migration agent is there to tell whether you are heading in the right direction or not!! They will cross check your documents and will make sure you don't do a silly mistake ......but at the end of the day..it will be all your hardwork..they will just guide you..but i will say..their guidance is worth!!
Try George Lombard ...One of the most respected Agent on this forum..I know one more name..Tony...he is from Ireland..i think..his knowledge is also good..I used agent from India..he is in sydeny...but he is also good..he is MAra registered...

Also fees depends from agent to agent ( It think this depends uponn country to country also). and also it varies from complexity of the case..If case is striaght forward fees will be less..but if case is little bit more complex...fees will be more.....In india it costed me around 60 000 Rs..its around 1800 AUS dollars.....and my case was quite simple..i am single..have computer degree..have 4+ years of exp...
Old Feb 21st 2009, 2:40 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steen1976
Hello all,

New to the forum and this is my first post.

Firstly I'll apologise as this question has probably been asked many hundreds of times before but searching through didn't really answer what I wanted.

First up I hoped someone could clarify what options are available and what are the chances of obtaining a visa.

My wife to be (in August) is a Pharmacist and her profession is on the MODL. I work in IT as a Business Analyst but this isn't on the list. We both have degrees and are in our early thirties. No kids yet. Would any visa application be done with her as the main applicant? Are the chances of success good? And how long could we expect to wait?
Ok, first things first. If you live together or are married your wife will be the main applicant with you as her dependent/spouse. Chances of success depend on way too many factors for anyone here to give you any clear idea. If you are both healthy, have clean criminal records and fulfill the criteria for skilled migration then generally yes, the chances are good. Currently the wait is between 6-12 months if you are from a low-risk country (i.e. UK)

We have worked in Oz before on a WHV a few years back. There is the chance she could be offered a job back where she worked when we were there which would obviously increase chances significantly but I was wondering what the chances are without this.
If she is sponsored by her former employer then she and you would go on an employered sponsored visa. Either ENS or 457. One is a Permanent Resident visa, the other is a Temporary Resident visa valid for up to 4 years. There are specific criteria which need to be met for each of them, so take a read of the relevent booklets for employer sponsored visas. (website to follow)

If you feel your case is complicated or you simply don't have the time/desire to do it yourself a migration agent could be useful. If you and your partner don't mind a few months of heavy duty evidence gathering and checking, double checking and triple checking then you can do it yourself. Lots of us here have. It does not speed things up to use an agent, rather in my opinion could slow things down. Your application will be checked and submitted based on their timetable, not yours. It's impossible to give you a price range since some agents include things others don't, such as the cost of the skills assessment or DIAC fees. Ring around a few in your area and ask about prices and what services you can expect for their fee.

Thanks in advance for any replies and apologies again for asking what's probably obvious but me heads all over the place
Your first stop should be www.immi.gov.au for immigration advice. Booklet 6 is for skilled independent visas, which is the one you would apply for if you are not going as a sponsored employee. I think booklet 5 is employer sponsored, but could be (and probably am) wrong.

You will find on the SOL which assessing body does skills assessments for pharmacists. Check the wesite of that, too for what your wife will need to have her skills assessed. Also check for licensing regulations in the state you would like to move to. They are probably different for each state.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the replies. It all seemed very daunting at first hence wondering if a migration agent would be best. Very helpful info though so thanks.