Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Opportunities Australia Expo - this weekend

Wikiposts

Opportunities Australia Expo - this weekend

Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all
Default Re: Opportunities Australia Expo - this weekend

I dont want to hear about this London Expo show this weekend, it's a sore subject as our agent is there, hes on holiday for 2 weeks in the UK from OZ and were waiting for our TRA results to come back which we wont hear about until after his holidays
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

vgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to all

Well I have been and am back - for me it wasn't really worth the 15 pounds (IT sector, already sorting visa), was far to similiar to the Emigrate Expo in Sandown recently, there wasn't enough focus on jobs (only 50% of stands were job related and the majority of these were recruitment agencies - might be some good if you are in the healthcare or mining segments) and all the other stands were banks, removal services and migration agents.

It did give me a few extra ideas on websites to look at for job and possible sponsorship opportunities and it was only just down the road for me - so although I wouldn't go to another expo - it wasn't completely a waste of time - and picked up at least 5 more pens
Old Mar 24th 2007, 4:12 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Opportunities Australia Expo - this weekend

Just got back. Unless:
  • your a civil/mechanical/mining engineer
  • a nurse
  • or in search of an agent, money changer, shipper, bank, etc.
I'd suggest its not worth your time or money. Worse than last time. If the organisers want to justify £10-£15 they are going to have to work much harder to get the right mix of exhibitors, not just anyone who will pay.

If I'm still in a position where I might go next time, I'll wait till the Sunday and see what the reports are from Saturday.

Disappointing.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

cherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nice

I agree...waste of money. Have found more useful information on the internet. Shame....