Wikiposts

ONSHORE SPOUSE VISA(your thoughts)

Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ONSHORE SPOUSE VISA(your thoughts)

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
Thanks, that gives me something to think of. Have a feeling the time I get the spouse paperwork sorted out I may nearly be ready to get a case officer for the 176. I'm just trying to think which would be the quickest and easiest way of getting my PR.
176 would be quicker, as with the spouse visa you will have to do 2 years on a temp visa before you get PR.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 2:41 am
Just Joined

aussietool is an unknown quantity at this point

my thread has been hijacked as norm
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:25 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussietool
my thread has been hijacked as norm
Its the nature of forums. And to be honest the discussion is still fairly on-topic. You have got answrrs from several of us - its not a recommended route, its fraught with problems including the fact that they may not even allow you into the country on an ETA if you arrive with the intention of staying.
I don't see what else we can tell you really? The vast majority of spouse visa posters on here get the spouse visa in the UK first as its the "right way" to do it, and its so quick.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:37 am
Just Joined

aussietool is an unknown quantity at this point

Was only joking,the more posters the merrier
It is strange though the way we are doing it onshore,people have said its really dodgy,and others have told me they got their visa application accepted there and then when they applied on shore,guess i'll find out soon
Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
176 would be quicker, as with the spouse visa you will have to do 2 years on a temp visa before you get PR.
That's not necessarily true, though it is very likely to be so in the circumstances essex2sydney has described.

Spousal visas can be granted with immediate PR status where DIAC is satisfied there is an "established" relationship, e.g. where the couple has a child together.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:38 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by abner
That's not necessarily true, though it is very likely to be so in the circumstances essex2sydney has described.

Spousal visas can be granted with immediate PR status where DIAC is satisfied there is an "established" relationship, e.g. where the couple has a child together.
I know that, think I was going cross-eyed talking to someone else at the same time about doing the same thing. Thought I had read that they had only been together less than 2 years (the threashold for spouse PR at once, with a child ), but that must have been the other couple, sorry!

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 8th 2009 at 10:41 am.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I know that, think I was going cross-eyed talking to someone else at the same time about doing the same thing. Thought I had read that they had only been together less than 2 years (the threashold for spouse PR at once, with a child ), but that must have been the other couple, sorry!
Sorry guys, didn't mean to jump on someone post, just seemed similar. I'm loosing the thread on it now away hehe.

I think I will keep waiting for my CO from my 176 application, if anything else changes I will review then.

Have a good extra weekend everyone