Wikiposts

For Onshore application

Old Oct 31st 2004, 12:27 am
Just Joined

srikal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default For Onshore application

Hi,

A question about onshore applying eligibility. My brother-in-law will be getting his Permanent Resident shortly. As per form 40, I understand that the Permanent Resident can sponsor a skilled migrant. But my question is that, can I apply while onshore(in Australia on a student Visa) for immigration in skilled sponsorsed catagory as soon as I join the course. I have relevant experience in the field of Software development for about 11 years. Kindly clarify.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For Onshore application

Originally Posted by srikal
Hi,

A question about onshore applying eligibility. My brother-in-law will be getting his Permanent Resident shortly. As per form 40, I understand that the Permanent Resident can sponsor a skilled migrant. But my question is that, can I apply while onshore(in Australia on a student Visa) for immigration in skilled sponsorsed catagory as soon as I join the course. I have relevant experience in the field of Software development for about 11 years. Kindly clarify.
- a PR can sponsor immediately for skilled once he is 'usually resident' in Australia. However, someone needs to provide the Assurance of Support

- you can't apply for onshore skilled without completing the relevant course and meeting the other requirements

- you can apply for offshore skilled provided you meet the offshore requirements, including recent skilled work experience and meeting the Sydney skill shortage list if applicable. You also must not have a condition like 8503 or 8534 on your student visa, if so you will need to leave Australia to lodge (and then return).

- the main applicant for skilled sponsored must be the person with the Australian relative.

PR requirements for students are very complex. Good professional assistance is essential for getting it right.

Jeremy
Old Nov 6th 2004, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

srikal is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
Thank you for the reply.

I have another question...if I come on a student visa,can I apply for a job immediately on arrival and would it be possible to get a work permit considering that I have around 11 years experience.
Then maybe I could do my post graduation part time.

Later I could apply for PR.Any advice/suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Regds,
Srikal
Old Nov 7th 2004, 2:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by srikal
hi,
Thank you for the reply.

I have another question...if I come on a student visa,can I apply for a job immediately on arrival and would it be possible to get a work permit considering that I have around 11 years experience.
Then maybe I could do my post graduation part time.

Later I could apply for PR.Any advice/suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Regds,
Srikal
Are you planning to study in Australia or work?

Reality check time. Most Australian employers are not interested in sponsoring for work permits unless they cannot find the employees they need locally.

Jeremy