Wikiposts

Onshore 136 skilled visa

Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

brij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nice
Default Onshore 136 skilled visa

Dear All,

I have completed 2 yrs (MIS) in Australia and ready to apply for skilled independate visa. I am lacking 5 points but my brother has got the offshore Permanent Visa for Australia.
1) How can he help me for getting the 5 points to complete total 20 ?
2) Is there some time that he has to specifically stay here than only i can be awarded relationship bonus points ? Cause he has not yet reached Australia.

Have to decide fast as only month left on bridging visa.

Thanks.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:52 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Onshore 136 skilled visa

If you were to use your brother to sponsor you for the 15 relationship points, you would have to apply for the 138 visa.

He would then sponsor you and you would have to arrange an Assurance of Support (sometimes not easy!).

For a 138 there is no time restriction on how long he has to be in Australia before he can sponsor you.

Good luck.