Online Police Check Form Question..

Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Candy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Online Police Check Form Question..

Originally Posted by NikiL
From todays aspc update email
So does that mean that they are accepting the ACPO certificates now?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Candy Groove
So does that mean that they are accepting the ACPO certificates now?
looks like it to me, but I don't work for DIAC

Might be worth a call to them from someone at some point, I would but being selfish, I have mine already and can't face being cut off twenty million times from a mobile to find out!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

layla950 will become famous soon enoughlayla950 will become famous soon enough

Just went to the ACPO site. Seems just to be for England Wales and Northern Ireland. I guess its the old type ones for us then. Also on this form we have to say that it is for immigration and for which country.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hmm, just had a nasty thought (nasty as we though we'd got our pcc's back & loaded etc). OH lived in Scotland 18 years ago when he was in the Navy - will he need to get a pcc from there as well?

edit comment: Thought the main one covered the whole of the UK as it says Police National Computer holds no details on us...........

Oh, confused and stressing now.....
Hi Nik,

As far as I am aware you only need a pc for any country you have resided in within the last 10 years?? As OH was living in Scotland 18 years ago I don't think that matters. Please correct me if I am wrong on this info

Helena
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Nik,

As far as I am aware you only need a pc for any country you have resided in within the last 10 years?? As OH was living in Scotland 18 years ago I don't think that matters. Please correct me if I am wrong on this info

Helena
Cool, thats what I thought, but you know the way this whole malarkey gets you sometimes! You think you know what you need, then you get tired and the whole world ends because you think you've missed something
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Cool, thats what I thought, but you know the way this whole malarkey gets you sometimes! You think you know what you need, then you get tired and the whole world ends because you think you've missed something
I know, it's the waiting Nik, I think it is starting to get to us
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:52 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

I can confirm this too Niki. I thought that I would have a nightmare due to all the places I have been over the last 28 years let alone 10. DIAC confirmed last 10 years when I asked.

Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TJUK
I can confirm this too Niki. I thought that I would have a nightmare due to all the places I have been over the last 28 years let alone 10. DIAC confirmed last 10 years when I asked.

Thanks mate, yeah you would have had a nightmare - imagine getting one from your last overseas posting!!

Retirement still treating you well? Might yet catch up with you on the course - decided today bollocks to work, as soon as we get the visa I'm quitting, hopefully that'll be before you & Jan leave
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:27 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Thanks mate, yeah you would have had a nightmare - imagine getting one from your last overseas posting!!

Retirement still treating you well? Might yet catch up with you on the course - decided today bollocks to work, as soon as we get the visa I'm quitting, hopefully that'll be before you & Jan leave
I'm currently getting qualified to install aerials, satellite and cable TV systems " CAI" approved course. Its absolutely great as my brain was starting to go to mulch! Too much golf and not enough maths! Just incase the Oz Army is not for me after a few years.....digital tick is getting everywhere you know!!

Postings I did have to declare and get checks, but not for "Ops"! Now that would have been impossible..sorry luv just popping sown to the local Taliban Police check point for a PCC!!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TJUK
I'm currently getting qualified to install aerials, satellite and cable TV systems " CAI" approved course. Its absolutely great as my brain was starting to go to mulch! Too much golf and not enough maths! Just incase the Oz Army is not for me after a few years.....digital tick is getting everywhere you know!!

Postings I did have to declare and get checks, but not for "Ops"! Now that would have been impossible..sorry luv just popping sown to the local Taliban Police check point for a PCC!!
D'ya think it might have come up with a few issues then I'm sure Terry would have been obliging

You can use maths in golf ya know....thats why I class it as Continuing Professional Development Mind you, I want you to stay off that course a bit, you'll kick my arse too much when we finally catch up! Good on you on the course mate, gives you a good back up plan
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:42 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

D'ya think it might have come up with a few issues then I'm sure Terry would have been obliging

You can use maths in golf ya know....thats why I class it as Continuing Professional Development Mind you, I want you to stay off that course a bit, you'll kick my arse too much when we finally catch up! Good on you on the course mate, gives you a good back up plan
Does your handicap fit into "infinity"!

Catch ya soon back to study..

Dave
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:28 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I have received an email from DIAC Central Office advising that

" ... following consultations with the relevant UK authorities over the past weeks, the 6 month validity has been removed from the certificates and the certificates will now have an issue date."

Best regards.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 2:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyns
Pollyanna

That's what I said. You need to read people's mail correctly.
If you're referring to my post, actually it's not what you said - you stated that it was necesary to put that you are applying for a visa. For a subject access check you don't have to state that. The check that your OH got back would have had the same info on it even if he had put that he just wanted "a copy of information held about him".
I am a little confused though as you referred to reading my mail, and although I have had a lot fo emails through the forum lately I don't appear to have had one from you.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 2:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
I have received an email from DIAC Central Office advising that

" ... following consultations with the relevant UK authorities over the past weeks, the 6 month validity has been removed from the certificates and the certificates will now have an issue date."

Best regards.
Please see this thread for further discussion of the new ACPO checks.

If youh hve any queries can you please add them to the other thread so that we keep this important update in one place