Wikiposts

Online Medicals - Beating the backlog????

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough
Default Online Medicals - Beating the backlog????

Does anyone have a list of Panel Doctors and radiographers that have access to the ehealth system that allows them to submit medicals online rather than by snail mail to the LCU in Sydney. Unfortunately this service is only available to online applications.

This post is more to share information as I am fortunate that my nearest Doc and Xray people both have this system. Here goes the sales pitch for them:

Dr Bryden of Bryden Medical in Glasgow and the Nuffield hospital in Glasgow

Andy
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Online Medicals - Beating the backlog????

Originally Posted by biggles7374
Does anyone have a list of Panel Doctors and radiographers that have access to the ehealth system that allows them to submit medicals online rather than by snail mail to the LCU in Sydney. Unfortunately this service is only available to online applications.

This post is more to share information as I am fortunate that my nearest Doc and Xray people both have this system. Here goes the sales pitch for them:

Dr Bryden of Bryden Medical in Glasgow and the Nuffield hospital in Glasgow

Andy
Sorry Andy can't help you on that one I'm looking for the same answer but for Ireland.

Anyone know which Doctors in Ireland have this facility. We just submitted our on-line 176 application and the meds are our next step as the pccs are already done.

Trish
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Trish

I am at exactly the same stage as you.

If all else fails you could just ring the nearest ones to you and ask!!

Do you think the emedical together with the online application will speed things up?

I do not see how it can't (assuming no snags)

Andy

ps failing that there is always good old Easyjet / ryanair - you could come to Scotland
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Hi Trish

Do you think the emedical together with the online application will speed things up?

Andy

ps failing that there is always good old Easyjet / ryanair - you could come to Scotland
LOL Easyjet and Ryanair my ass - have you see the surcharges they add on.

Yes Andy I think we are the first to do the on-line successfully. Although I did it with help from the agent. We sat up last night and logged on to check the details he had transcribed from our 47SK form. The site was so slow and crashed continuously. That is until 09:00 Aussie time when they must ahve added in more server capacity because after that we flew through it.

I kept e-mailing agent in Aus with what I now know were silly questions but then again we were his guinea pigs and I didn't want to screw things up.

We too could get the medical forms down but agent says he can mail us editible PDF copies that we can use if necessary. As for uploadign addition/supporting documentation - I was really lucky as the agent did all of this.

He did warn us repeatedly to print and also save a copy of the form when we had done but before we exited.

It looks from your posts that you did the whole thing yourself. Well done you brave man.

Oh! You'll love this. Apparently the issue with not getting your english points is only an issue with British passport holders. hee hee Sorry I really shouldn't laugh. My O/H and kids were all born in England but we decided to give them Irish passports like me incase I ever need to travel with one of them alone - you know if they got sick when we're on holiday etc. Because we were on Irish passports we had no problem with english language points.

They are aware of the problem and hopefully will have it sorted soon.

I'm hoping that a lot of people will delay submitting on-line until they are sure that the system has no more glitches / bugs and that means that our applications will be speeded up.

Do you reckon that they have split their staff so some will work on the old and some on the new type visas? Now that would be good news.

Trish
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Yes reckon they will have split staff otherwise when they clear the pre 1st Sept apps they will still have a backlog
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes reckon they will have split staff otherwise when they clear the pre 1st Sept apps they will still have a backlog

I think they have a permanent backlog judging by some of the posts I've seen . LOL
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trish

Andy

Andy,

I am imaging that you will probably go into the system until they clear the backlogs but then I guess time will tell!! I can imagine that they will receive many complaints if this were to be the case.

Let us know when you receive your ack and then you will be able to work it out! Currently the June applicants are waiting 12 weeks from applications arriving to ack - preacks were about on time though (i.e. within 1 week!).

Good luck with the application!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

I applied online and have already received Acknowledgement that quotes my Transaction Reference Number (Equiv to file number). I have also received correspondance from a case officer but am not sure if this is my official CO or whether it is someone that has been appointed to try an clear up the big IT problem that seems to exist with the application programming re english points etc.

I have deceided to frontload meds and have an appointment for next week.

I have received an email this morning saying that there is a glitch with the online applications and I will have to have my meds submitted manually after all. :-(

Hope your app is going well

Andy

Last edited by biggles7374; Sep 4th 2007 at 12:25 am.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I applied online and have already received Acknowledgement that quotes my Transaction Reference Number (Equiv to file number). I have also received correspondance from a case officer but am not sure if this is my official CO or whether it is someone that has been appointed to try an clear up the big IT problem that seems to exist with the application programming re english points etc.

I have deceided to frontload meds and have an appointment for next week.

I have received an email this morning saying that there is a glitch with the online applications and I will have to have my meds submitted manually after all. :-(

Hope your app is going well

Andy
Not good news on the meds front!! Although it looks like they are processing them a bit quicker. I went for my meds on 15th Aug and they are being sent Thursday (was waiting for GP report and blood results to come back!). You should be about 3 weeks behind me then. Lets see who gets the meds cleared, CO & Grant first.

I will be gutted if you win Only kidding - but some of the applicants who have been waiting 12 months or more will not be impressed!!!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Do you remember the story we all got told as a kid of the Hare and the Tortoise?

Only kidding!!!!

It will take as long as it takes, just have to keep fingers crossed.

Andy
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

QUOTE=biggles7374;5272305]Do you remember the story we all got told as a kid of the Hare and the Tortoise?

Only kidding!!!!

It will take as long as it takes, just have to keep fingers crossed.
Lets hope you have more patience than me!!!