British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Online Application...Question...Urgent (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/online-application-question-urgent-691311/)

tejas Oct 28th 2010 10:42 am

Online Application...Question...Urgent

Hi All,

My brother is going to apply for his state sponsored visa application (176) tonight. He is unmarried so he is single applicant in his application.

I have already applied for skilled visa (175) and i am awaiting for decision.

In online application they are asking ALL family detail.

there are three option to declare your family member
(1) Migrating Dependent
(2) Non-Migrating Dependent
(3) Other family member

In our family we are five person father ,mother,my self,my brother(applicant) and my sister.

for his application there is none migrating dependent because he is single.

I am not depended on him..now my question is where should he declare rest of the family member either in Non-Migrating Dependent or in Other family member?????

Should he declare that his brother is awaiting for his visa application decision??

regards,
tejas

sachinarora83 Oct 28th 2010 11:01 am

Re: Online Application...Question...Urgent

Yes, I think he should quote that one of the family member is awaiting the decision...Thier is no point of hiding...and you'll not loose anything if you tell, however, it can go other way round, if you dont...

The above is my opinion, senior members can give thier opinions as well...

Originally Posted by tejas (Post 8947258)
Hi All,

My brother is going to apply for his state sponsored visa application (176) tonight. He is unmarried so he is single applicant in his application.

(1) Migrating Dependent
(3) Other family member

In our family we are five person father ,mother,my self,my brother(applicant) and my sister.

I am not depended on him..now my question is where should he declare rest of the family member either in Non-Migrating Dependent or in Other family member?????

Should he declare that his brother is awaiting for his visa application decision??

regards,
tejas

Rodger_lawson Oct 28th 2010 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by sachinarora83 (Post 8947283)
Yes, I think he should quote that one of the family member is awaiting the decision...Thier is no point of hiding...and you'll not loose anything if you tell, however, it can go other way round, if you dont...

The above is my opinion, senior members can give thier opinions as well...

i guess, all of them in this case would come under the other family members category; and about your pending PR application may not even be asked anywhere in the 176 application; it might get covered in Form 80 though.

Dorothy Oct 29th 2010 2:23 am

Originally Posted by tejas (Post 8947258)
Hi All,

(1) Migrating Dependent
(3) Other family member

regards,
tejas

It's not difficult. If they are dependent on him and moving with him then they are migrating dependents. If they are dependent on him and not moving then they are non-migrating dependents. If they are not dependent on him and not moving then they are other family members.

DIAC do not put trick questions on their applications. Just answer the question as asked.

Why would he bother to mention that you have an application in? You're not in Australia, you are not an Australian PR or citizen. It doesn't make any difference at all to his application.