Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Online application 'Countries Residence' section HELP please

Online application 'Countries Residence' section HELP please

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

lucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nice
Question Online application 'Countries Residence' section HELP please

Hi.
Just filling out the online application and am at the section 'Countries of Residence'. Im not sure how to fill it in. I assume its like a CV of where ive lived over the last 10 years and wants info on EVERYWHERE ive lived (i.e. 1/1/07 to 1/2/07 = 12 trevor street 2/2/07 james St etc.) If i went travelling to Oz with 2 month stop overs here and there do i put those stop overs? (one was 2 months, the other 2 days). What would i put for address as No fixed abode is really the correct answer? Do i put my annual holidays?? Do i put house moves if they were in the same country? What i'm trying to list is UK (i'm a UK citizen) for the whole time apart from a years traveling round Oz/Thailand etc? The paragraph is written below FYI.
Thanks for any help!!!!!!

Provide details of all countries in which you, your spouse/interdependent partner or dependents (migrating or not) have lived for 12 months or more (since turning 16) during the last 10 years. The 12 month period of residence may be made up of a number of shorter periods. You must account for every year.

Last edited by lucierainbow; Oct 3rd 2008 at 12:21 pm. Reason: C&P'd info in wrong place
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

lucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nice
Default Re: Online application 'Countries Residence' section HELP please

BTW i was in Australia for 2 days shy of a year, does that mean i don't catalogue the information. Doh? I'm confused.
Cheers
Lucie

Originally Posted by lucierainbow
Hi.
Just filling out the online application and am at the section 'Countries of Residence'. Im not sure how to fill it in. I assume its like a CV of where ive lived over the last 10 years and wants info on EVERYWHERE ive lived (i.e. 1/1/07 to 1/2/07 = 12 trevor street 2/2/07 james St etc.) If i went travelling to Oz with 2 month stop overs here and there do i put those stop overs? (one was 2 months, the other 2 days). What would i put for address as No fixed abode is really the correct answer? Do i put my annual holidays?? Do i put house moves if they were in the same country? What i'm trying to list is UK (i'm a UK citizen) for the whole time apart from a years traveling round Oz/Thailand etc? The paragraph is written below FYI.
Thanks for any help!!!!!!

Provide details of all countries in which you, your spouse/interdependent partner or dependents (migrating or not) have lived for 12 months or more (since turning 16) during the last 10 years. The 12 month period of residence may be made up of a number of shorter periods. You must account for every year.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online application 'Countries Residence' section HELP please

Originally Posted by lucierainbow
BTW i was in Australia for 2 days shy of a year, does that mean i don't catalogue the information. Doh? I'm confused.
Cheers
Lucie
Thats close enough to count as a year - for the same reason you will probably have to get an Aussie police check.
Put all your addresses the best you can remember. If you were travelling in Queensland, put soemthing like "travelling in Qld, can't remember addresses, backpacking Cairns/Townsville" or soemthing like that.
They aren't trying to catch you out, they want to know what countries you have lived in.