Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Online application before ACS letter in hand

Online application before ACS letter in hand

Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:49 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default Online application before ACS letter in hand

Hi everyone !

There was a thread here with the same name but it is now closed !

I see that as the deadline to new points system implementation gets nearer, so is the importance to apply for176 /175 before that date

I would like to hear your views about applying with an expired ACS (accompanied with a covering letter and a copy of "to be allocated" email from ACS with the reference number.

I understand that DIAC gives you 28 days to upload your documents and as it usually takes 3 - 4 months for a CO to be allocated (sorry, I know this is not a timeline site...). Can in theory, one apply first and then attach the new ACS letter when it becomes available ? (before 28 days or before assignment of a CO which ever comes first).

Is it legal ? If I were to go about that route, will my application be rejected later as my application date was earlier than my ACS date?

This is a very tricky question and I request the input of some of the senior members.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:18 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Online application before ACS letter in hand

Originally Posted by foha2012
Hi everyone !

I see that as the deadline to new points system implementation gets nearer, so is the importance to apply for176 /175 before that date

I would like to hear your views about applying with an expired ACS (accompanied with a covering letter and a copy of "to be allocated" email from ACS with the reference number.

I understand that DIAC gives you 28 days to upload your documents and as it usually takes 3 - 4 months for a CO to be allocated (sorry, I know this is not a timeline site...). Can in theory, one apply first and then attach the new ACS letter when it becomes available ? (before 28 days or before assignment of a CO which ever comes first).

Is it legal ? If I were to go about that route, will my application be rejected later as my application date was earlier than my ACS date?

This is a very tricky question and I request the input of some of the senior members.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

TAA
In my humble opinion, its not a tricky question. You cannot and you should not do that that. Read this link.

It clearly state that you must have obtained a positive skill assessment before lodging application.

Just to share, one of my friend from Pakistan applied for 175 without IELTS result but provided it within 28 days. At that time, it was the required to have IELTS result before lodging application. Anyway, his application was rejected nearly a year later when he got his case officer.

DIAC also emphasis it by putting certain words in bold (must and before).
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:22 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by adeel.zafar
In my humble opinion, its not a tricky question. You cannot and you should not do that that. Read this link.

It clearly state that you must have obtained a positive skill assessment before lodging application.

Just to share, one of my friend from Pakistan applied for 175 without IELTS result but provided it within 28 days. At that time, it was the required to have IELTS result before lodging application. Anyway, his application was rejected nearly a year later when he got his case officer.

DIAC also emphasis it by putting certain words in bold (must and before).

Adeel,

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually, I know one member here who has done that. Actually, NOT having a skills assessment and having an expired one could be 2 different things. Lets wait and hear some more opinions right ?

Cheers,

TAA
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:45 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

Adeel,

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually, I know one member here who has done that. Actually, NOT having a skills assessment and having an expired one could be 2 different things. Lets wait and hear some more opinions right ?

Cheers,

TAA
Sure, why not hear more ... What I said was my interpretation of whats mentioned on DIAC website

To answer your question, not having a skill assessment is same as expired one. Again this is my opinion based on what DIAC says. Have a read at the link again. It says that if your skill assessment has an expiry date, you must within the time frame of your skills assessment.

If your assessment is only valid for a certain period, you will need to make sure that your application is lodged within this timeframe.
Also bear in mind that applicant may not have got the visa application approved yet.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Adeel,

Cheers,

TAA
Ok, here's another opinion. Adeel is correct. You must have a valid, positive skills assessment prior to lodging an application with DIAC. Otherwise it will be rejected and you lose your applicaton fee.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

sufyan_victoria will become famous soon enoughsufyan_victoria will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone !

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

TAA
why dont you apply for ACS to get as earlier before implementation of new policy (1st July)? If you have SS 176 for victoria , go for applying ACS asap , still you have time to get ACS before 1st July from the date now. Just put a cover letter mentioning yours SS 176 approval and attach state sponsored email copy.They may be helpful for them to evaluate yours case as close to applied code and in turn may speed up yours assessment with required code for which you apply.