online 176

Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

physiomitch has a brilliant futurephysiomitch has a brilliant futurephysiomitch has a brilliant futurephysiomitch has a brilliant futurephysiomitch has a brilliant futurephysiomitch has a brilliant futurephysiomitch has a brilliant future
Default online 176

Hi all

About to complete my visa 176 online. I noticed while completing the form online that nowhere did it ask to attach any documents. I realise there is a seperate link for attaching anything, needing the TRN for this, however, how do I know what to send. I have searched for a checklist for the online appl and can only find one for the paper appl, which includes passport photos. Do I need passport photos for the online appl as well, and if so do I attach them as jpegs?

Any help is welcome

Thanks
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

travelling_annie has a brilliant futuretravelling_annie has a brilliant futuretravelling_annie has a brilliant futuretravelling_annie has a brilliant futuretravelling_annie has a brilliant futuretravelling_annie has a brilliant future
Default Re: online 176

Hi,

I went through this process in February. Once you have submitted your application you will receive your TRN, you then need to use this to log in to your application and upload your documents.

For your passport photos JPEGs are fine, I scanned each of mine individually as you must provide each with a file name that matches the name of the individual in the photo.

As far as scanning your other docs go the DIAC will accept them uncertified (Except passport bio-data page and birth certificate) as long as they are in colour.

I made the mistake of thinking the higher the resolution the better but the file sizes ended up too big and the website couldn't cope so scan everything at maximum 100 dpi.

Hope this helps! Good Luck
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

physiomitch has a brilliant futurephysiomitch has a brilliant futurephysiomitch has a brilliant futurephysiomitch has a brilliant futurephysiomitch has a brilliant futurephysiomitch has a brilliant futurephysiomitch has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by travelling_annie
Hi,

I went through this process in February. Once you have submitted your application you will receive your TRN, you then need to use this to log in to your application and upload your documents.

For your passport photos JPEGs are fine, I scanned each of mine individually as you must provide each with a file name that matches the name of the individual in the photo.

As far as scanning your other docs go the DIAC will accept them uncertified (Except passport bio-data page and birth certificate) as long as they are in colour.

I made the mistake of thinking the higher the resolution the better but the file sizes ended up too big and the website couldn't cope so scan everything at maximum 100 dpi.

Hope this helps! Good Luck
Excellent, thanks, certainly very helpful. Did not realise about the colour photos, have a patient who is a Justice of the Peace certifying all copies of documents, could have saved her some time and wrist stiffness! Oh well at least they are all done.

Thanks again.
Cheers
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Further to this, did you have 2 photos per person, or one, as the paper appl asks for 2?

Ta
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

travelling_annie has a brilliant futuretravelling_annie has a brilliant futuretravelling_annie has a brilliant futuretravelling_annie has a brilliant futuretravelling_annie has a brilliant futuretravelling_annie has a brilliant future

Just one as I assume they can reproduce them as I haven't been asked for another.

But we have got through a fair few, 1 for PCC, 2 for meds etc
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by travelling_annie
Just one as I assume they can reproduce them as I haven't been asked for another.

But we have got through a fair few, 1 for PCC, 2 for meds etc
Cheers, thanks, makes sense they can reproduce. Can keep the rest for PCC's and meds as you say.

Ta