Online 175 Visa application - concerns

Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

michelledenham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Online 175 Visa application - concerns

Originally Posted by steveandtina
If you get citizenship you will have a british and Ozzie passport so you can come and go. If you don't want to be a citizen and you want to pop over and visit the UK you will need to apply for a right to return visa but if you are never going to leave I don't think you have to do anything.
So Tina,
Do you automatically get citizenship after 4yrs, or do you have to apply? Also within the '4yrs' can we come back to the UK for visits?

Sorry to keep bothering you!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by michelledenham
So Tina,
Do you automatically get citizenship after 4yrs, or do you have to apply? Also within the '4yrs' can we come back to the UK for visits?

Sorry to keep bothering you!!!!

No you have to apply for citizenship.

No you have to stay in Oz forever and never escape hehe only joking I was just going back 200 years. Yes you can come back.

Have you applied for your visa yet?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:50 am
Just Joined

So,
Do you think it is easy to apply for the visa yourself or should we go through a agency? Both ways appear to be expensive, so whats the difference?

Lets get this straight; apply for skills test ( where do you do that?)
apply for visa ( what is the 'prove english speaking')
get TRA no & agent
get medicals done
get crinimal checks done
then wait!!!!!!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:58 am
Just Joined

So,
Do you think it is easy to apply for the visa yourself or should we go through a agency? Both ways appear to be expensive, so whats the difference?

get TRA no & agent
get medicals done
get crinimal checks done
then wait!!!!!!
My husband thinks it would be less stressfull to go with a agency. But as I am a nurse, I know i'll get in. So what are we paying them for?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

My husband thinks it would be less stressfull to go with a agency. But as I am a nurse, I know i'll get in. So what are we paying them for?

If you have a straight forward case ie not step children you can do it yourself.

We went with a agent and I dont regret for 1 minute paying their £1500 fee's. Our case has been less then easy which is a long story, but without our agents help I really would have given up. The girl at our agency is on leave to have her baby but she emailed me yesterday from her home to help me with one of my silly questions now thats a good agent!

If you are going to use a agent michelle shop around.

Our agent is Concept australia they have offices north and south 9we use the south office) It cost us £1500 (175 MODL visa) which we could pay in 3 instalments. For the 1st visit they even came out to us to help us with the best route to go down.

Good luck

Tina x
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

So,

get TRA no & agent
get medicals done
get crinimal checks done
then wait!!!!!!

Providing its a straigthforward case.....

-skills test, depends what skill you have, diferent agencies for different jobs

-only need to do english test if you dont hold british passport, or you need extra points to qualify for visa.

-if you are going to get agent, get them FIRST they help you with applications for skills assessment and visa app.

-TRA number you get when you apply.

-medicals and police checks and then yep WAIT, WAIT and WAIT somemore

ours is straightforward, we havent used a visa, and have managed fine (with a little help from BE )
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Can anyone help me.

I'm alittle confused, which doesn't take much!

With a Sponsorship visa is it true;

You cannot apply for a morgage?
You have to play for you childs school fee's ( not just the basic £300)

If these are true, Why would you apply for it?

Have been offered 3-4 nursing jobs in Perth, all on sponsorship visas. How ever each hospital wants me on sponsorship. But my husband wants to do 175 visa. He's a engineer, with alot of experience in aircon & electronics. If he finds the job of his dreams, we have to re-apply for a visa within 28days, which is almost impossible!

Any advice welcome, please
Thanks
Michelle
xxxxx
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:31 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Can anyone help me.

I'm alittle confused, which doesn't take much!

With a Sponsorship visa is it true;

You cannot apply for a morgage?
You have to play for you childs school fee's ( not just the basic £300)

If these are true, Why would you apply for it?

Have been offered 3-4 nursing jobs in Perth, all on sponsorship visas. How ever each hospital wants me on sponsorship. But my husband wants to do 175 visa. He's a engineer, with alot of experience in aircon & electronics. If he finds the job of his dreams, we have to re-apply for a visa within 28days, which is almost impossible!

Any advice welcome, please
Thanks
Michelle
xxxxx
Michele,
which visa # are you talking about? The school fees bit is true for temporary visas (which includes provisional btw), I always thought that if you are on permanent visa then you do not pay non-resident fees........
NJ
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:38 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read here for details on education costs in WA:
http://www.eti.wa.edu.au/

Best regards.
Old May 8th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Hey biggles7374,

Nothing to worry about. I got my receipt too for Aus$2060.

You will be fine as long as you have the TRN number.

No worries
Originally Posted by biggles7374
Hi Sammy

Yes application is in and I have a copy of the A$2060 credit card receipt to prove it!!! OW that was sore!

Just a wee bit aprehensive about the points made earlier in the thread and the whether I need to submit a form 80 as the customised checklist I got doesn't mention it.

Am grateful for George Lombards assistance and will keep the thread updated as to progress

Andy