Online 175 Visa application - concerns

Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:52 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online 175 Visa application - concerns

My hubby says the same regarding bank........but surely there would always be 3 involved? Will find out tomorrow morning I suppose

There is no form 80 to complete or 956 then? I wasn't even asked about my previous holidays abroad!!!
Didn't even ask where we were heading for in Oz.

Really weird when I went to go back to 1975 on the previous addresses section.....and it would only let me go back to 1997!!!!

Half excited and half numb now......
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

Beth

There are a lot of small differences, the 1997 thing - 10 years ago that is all they seem to be interested in.

I know, I had filled in the paper forms prior to submitting online so that I had answers to all the questions I was likely to be asked - and some weren't.

I am sure the case officer will ask if there is any gaps in the information through no fault of our own.

Andy

ps I have a form 80 for us both filled in all ready and scanned just in case the case officer requests it to fill in the missing questions
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:09 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea with the forms 80......I have everything ready for the paper-based version.....think I will scan them in too, if I can submit...LOL
Let you know how I get on tomorrow, thanks for your help
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

No Probs - Where you hoping to head to?
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:13 pm
Make it happen!!!!

SA..............beautiful
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

cool...maybe we will bump into you at the airport!!!!!!

We are off to adelaide !!!!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

brisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fugazi1000
I have submitted (and paid for) an online 175 and with a British passport so no points credited as yet. I have had a number of emails apologising for the inconvenience and asking for various documents on the checklist. It's encouraging, they mentioned their teething problems, and I am reassured that my application is being looked at by real people (I have a named person now!) and that all will be resolved.

If you're waiting to see what happens then I suggest you just go for it......

They are also asking for medical and police records so I suspect the previous strategy of some people to 'front load' is essentially the new standard. i.e. apply for a visa with ALL paperwork and it 'should' be granted very quickly. So get those medicals and police check requests in now......
Planning to get application in early next week.As medicals are being asked for earlier than before, will I be able to have a medical? I am almost 7 months pregnant!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:54 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

You can have a medical, although they ask for a couple of extra tests whilst your pregnant and you have to wait until you have had your baby before a chest X ray. As they won't grant a visa unless you've had a clear chest Xray... They'll wait so long as they know what's involved..

Ali x
Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

brisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by alipally
You can have a medical, although they ask for a couple of extra tests whilst your pregnant and you have to wait until you have had your baby before a chest X ray. As they won't grant a visa unless you've had a clear chest Xray... They'll wait so long as they know what's involved..

Ali x
thanks for that Ali
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

michelledenham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Dear Fugazi,

Thanks for being a laboratory rat for the rest of us. Obviously the English points would depend on your passport of nationality not your place of birth - do you have two passports and identified the wrong one in the form?

Checklist of required medical and character checks - assuming you completed the form correctly that's a bit of a blunder and if you email me I'll pass the email address of the person in Adelaide who would need to correct it.

Passport of nationality of your wife and child may have determined IELTS requirement.

Cheers,

George Lombard
I know I am going to sound really stupid but can I ask you a few questions.
1: What is a TRA?
2: If we are doing the 175 application ourselves, where do we find out about 'who does the medicals', 'the panel'. Where do we go for our medicals?
3: When we are in OZ, do you know how much it costs to apply for PR?
4: How long does the 175 VISA last?

Sorry, I know I sound like a idiot!
Thanks for your help and time.

Michelle
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by michelledenham
I know I am going to sound really stupid but can I ask you a few questions.
1: What is a TRA?
2: If we are doing the 175 application ourselves, where do we find out about 'who does the medicals', 'the panel'. Where do we go for our medicals?
3: When we are in OZ, do you know how much it costs to apply for PR?
4: How long does the 175 VISA last?

Sorry, I know I sound like a idiot!
Thanks for your help and time.

Michelle
Hope I can help

A TRN is the number you are given when you have completed your application

On the immi web site put in panel doctors and a list comes up. go to one near to you or travel to the one with then price that suits you. When you get a case officer they will tell you to get your medicals done and police checks but you can do them before he/she asks.

175 is PR

PR last for 4 years (i think) then if you leave Oz you will need a visa right to return or go for citizenship then you can come and go as you please.

Your not a idiot this visa business is very confusing and by the time you finish you will be at least half way to being insane LOL.

Good luck and welcome to BE. you may want to join the thread for the month you applied for your visa. ie if you applied im March put a search in for March 08 there will be others on the same time line as you.

Tina x

Last edited by steveandtina; Mar 28th 2008 at 6:48 pm. Reason: didn't make sense
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:20 pm
Jeroen

jelumini is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello we are new on this forum. We are Jeroen, Mirjam & kids. I have a qeustion. My checklist says recieved on most of the documents, but on a coupple of documents it still says reqeusted. I have send the documents to them last week. Does it take a while before it changes in recieved? I hope somebody knows. Thanks.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

michelledenham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Hope I can help

A TRN is the number you are given when you have completed your application

On the immi web site put in panel doctors and a list comes up. go to one near to you or travel to the one with then price that suits you. When you get a case officer they will tell you to get your medicals done and police checks but you can do them before he/she asks.

175 is PR

PR last for 4 years (i think) then if you leave Oz you will need a visa right to return or go for citizenship then you can come and go as you please.

Your not a idiot this visa business is very confusing and by the time you finish you will be at least half way to being insane LOL.

Good luck and welcome to BE. you may want to join the thread for the month you applied for your visa. ie if you applied im March put a search in for March 08 there will be others on the same time line as you.

Tina x
Thank you sooooo much, Tina.

I have been offered 'sponsorship' but am wondering if it would just as well us doing the 175 straight away. That way we don't have to do it later. Wanted to try and do it ourselves, inorder to safe money. Both my husband and I are on the highly points list and have worked for the same company for 6-10yrs.
So after the '4 yrs' is up, what do you have to do then?

You wouldn't believe I'm a nurse would you?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jelumini
Hello we are new on this forum. We are Jeroen, Mirjam & kids. I have a qeustion. My checklist says recieved on most of the documents, but on a coupple of documents it still says reqeusted. I have send the documents to them last week. Does it take a while before it changes in recieved? I hope somebody knows. Thanks.
Yes it takes along time when you get a CO they will change this page.

If you have a co and they have asked for the documents then you have to wait til they get to you again which could be anytime for 4 to 12 weeks.

hope this has helped

Good luck and welcome to BE
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by michelledenham
Thank you sooooo much, Tina.

I have been offered 'sponsorship' but am wondering if it would just as well us doing the 175 straight away. That way we don't have to do it later. Wanted to try and do it ourselves, inorder to safe money. Both my husband and I are on the highly points list and have worked for the same company for 6-10yrs.
So after the '4 yrs' is up, what do you have to do then?

You wouldn't believe I'm a nurse would you?
If you get citizenship you will have a british and Ozzie passport so you can come and go. If you don't want to be a citizen and you want to pop over and visit the UK you will need to apply for a right to return visa but if you are never going to leave I don't think you have to do anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.