Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Online 175 help needed, computer not playing ball!

Online 175 help needed, computer not playing ball!

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice
Default Re: Online 175 help needed, computer not playing ball!

Originally Posted by RedT
Hi again ladies,

Well, as far as work are concerned, I’ve been staying behind to do my scanning and visa stuff so nobody knows (apart form the girl who had to show me how to use the scanner...I think we’ve had it since the dark ages!!). I work in a fairly casual office so nobody would be suspicious of me being on the internet occasionally anyway, plus we just merged with another company and now everybody’s miserable, so even if it did come out that I wanted to leave, I don’t think anyone would think badly of it!!

We managed to send off the documents last night so another box ticked, now we sit and wait for months….!

Thanks all for the help,

Thérèse
Hi Therese,

Well done on getting everything scanned... don't worry about the office stuff, my god, I worked for a very large Accounting firm prior to joining my new company and even though everyone signed a statement about not abusing the companies computers and internet, I don't think that one person went by it, eveyone surfed the net, everyone used the fax machine, we used the tax program to prepare our own tax returns. I figured if the big boss surfs the web and has no problem with us doing it, we would go for it... like I said in my previous posts, I work on my own 90 % of the time, I work hard, I get the clients in and make money for the firm. If I have a no show, I am not about to twiddle my thumbs when I can be researching Australia.

Also the two other girls in the office are all for me going, they can't wait for the day I get my visa and tell my boss I am leaving, both of them want to be in the office to see his expression (you can probably tell my boss is not the greatest in the world).

Have you done your police checks yet or booked your medicals. Our police checks are all done and sent, and we did our medicals on May 21st. Results came back fine and they were sent by courier to Sydney on May 30th. Just checked online with Fedex and they got their June 2nd.

So now I can just sit back and relax. Had a meltdown yestereday but some rest and watching a really funny movie has put me in a completely different mood.

Take care

Karen