Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Online 175 help needed, computer not playing ball!

Online 175 help needed, computer not playing ball!

Old May 28th 2008, 12:19 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Online 175 help needed, computer not playing ball!

Hi all,

The OH and I submitted our 175 app last night (yay!) but unfortunately our PC had a hissy fit and wouldn't read the discs containing all of our scanned documents. I've tried to open our app this morning at work and do it but I can't see anywhere to actually do this? I followed a link in another thread but it asks for a password and we didn't get to pick a password last night as our page timed out while we were trying to make the pc work! ALl I have at the moment is our TRN.

any help gratefully received!

Therese
Old May 28th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice
Default Re: Online 175 help needed, computer not playing ball!

Hi try your original password thats what worked with us hope this helps Kate
Old May 28th 2008, 12:24 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember having an original password! When would this have been set?

thanks!

Therese
Old May 28th 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

when we were doing our application at first we put it in then did you at any time save and continue? when filling it in as we done ours over a few days(nights) Kate
Old May 28th 2008, 12:34 pm
not sure...

HMM,all i did to access the application again was put in the reference number, it didn't ask for any passwords!
Old May 28th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RedT
HMM,all i did to access the application again was put in the reference number, it didn't ask for any passwords!
I can't believe you were finishing it off at work!!

If you've got your TRN and you have made the payment then you don't need to panic.
EXACTLY the same happened to me.
You will receive an acknowledgement e-mail which lists the documents outstanding for your application (don't be scared, it will include meds and police checks too). It gives you some reference numbers and and e-mail address you can e-mail the documents to. It works just fine and you even get a confirmation back so you know your mail got there.
Just be careful you don't try to attach too many documents at once and make it clear what you are attaching and what reason, e.g "document A" - birth certificate proff of age for ....... Make it nice and easy for them and I'm sure it will score brownie points with the CO when they get your file.

Hope this helps.
Charlene
Old May 28th 2008, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Originally Posted by CharleneG
I can't believe you were finishing it off at work!!

If you've got your TRN and you have made the payment then you don't need to panic.
EXACTLY the same happened to me.
You will receive an acknowledgement e-mail which lists the documents outstanding for your application (don't be scared, it will include meds and police checks too). It gives you some reference numbers and and e-mail address you can e-mail the documents to. It works just fine and you even get a confirmation back so you know your mail got there.
Just be careful you don't try to attach too many documents at once and make it clear what you are attaching and what reason, e.g "document A" - birth certificate proff of age for ....... Make it nice and easy for them and I'm sure it will score brownie points with the CO when they get your file.

Hope this helps.
Charlene

We had the same problem and did what Charlene did. No problem, and yes I labelled every single scanned item with the name of the person and what it was.

Question for Charlene, did you send your supporting docs by email and if so did your status change the next day, ours went from Processing Commenced to Application being processed further. Just wondering

Karen
Old May 29th 2008, 8:31 am
not sure...

Cool, many thanks for the info ladies! We did get the e-mail late yesterday with the e-mail address attached so I'll sent them off today.

Is it controversial to do it from work? We're applying under my OH's profession so I won't get in toruble either way..haha! Plus my PC at work is slightly less likely to die in the middle of it...but only slightly!

Therese
Old May 29th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Cool, many thanks for the info ladies! We did get the e-mail late yesterday with the e-mail address attached so I'll sent them off today.

Is it controversial to do it from work? We're applying under my OH's profession so I won't get in toruble either way..haha! Plus my PC at work is slightly less likely to die in the middle of it...but only slightly!

Therese

Don't worry about doing stuff from work.. I do it all the time... my theory is I won't be there in another year, so I don't care!!!!!

My line of work allows me to us my laptop even at home, and lots of times I have clients that don't show up, so instead of twiddling my thumbs I am on the internet.. usually on this site

Let me know Theresa if your application changes, afte the email is sent, if it does don't worry it just means they have looked at your application (I know I got totally confused when we went from Processing Commenced to Application being processed further!!!)

Well know onto the fun part.... the waiting game... I will post stuff with you on the May 2008 thread

Karen
Old May 29th 2008, 3:19 pm
not sure...

thanks so much Karen!

I think a lot of what goes on at work isn't work related! Although we're so busy now that I never do personal stuff (apart from this port haha!) until after 6 when everyone else has gone home. I think that's allowed right?!

See you on the May post then!

Tx
Old May 30th 2008, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
We had the same problem and did what Charlene did. No problem, and yes I labelled every single scanned item with the name of the person and what it was.

Question for Charlene, did you send your supporting docs by email and if so did your status change the next day, ours went from Processing Commenced to Application being processed further. Just wondering

Karen
Karen

I must admit that I have not looked at the status of my application. I just kind of assumed that without a password there would not be much I could do online.
Now you mention it though I am going to have a look.

I have just had a look and it says Application received processing commenced but it still says all documents are required. I guess it's going to stay that way until a CO picks it up and confirms what documents are there a what are not. I get the impression they don't spend any time on applications before they assign a CO.

Thanks
Charlene

Last edited by CharleneG; May 30th 2008 at 8:57 pm.
Old May 30th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Therese
I was just a bit intrigued as to how you would expain away what you were doing if you got caught. the only person who knows about my plans at work is the HR manager as she signed my work experience reference letter thing for the application. It really helps me that I know her quite well, when I told her about my plans she was so jealous, told me to type up the letter myself and she would sign it, even asked me if HR managers were in demand!
My manager is going to be so surprised when I do the deed, the only down side is I have to give 3 months notice.

Charlene
Old May 30th 2008, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CharleneG
I was just a bit intrigued as to how you would expain away what you were doing if you got caught. the only person who knows about my plans at work is the HR manager as she signed my work experience reference letter thing for the application. It really helps me that I know her quite well, when I told her about my plans she was so jealous, told me to type up the letter myself and she would sign it, even asked me if HR managers were in demand!
My manager is going to be so surprised when I do the deed, the only down side is I have to give 3 months notice.

Charlene

I am on the computer all the time, researching Australia and going onto this forum. I am very lucky as the majority of the time I work alone, also two of the girls in my office know that I am going to be leaving.... this is nothing compared to the shacking up of my supervisor and the big boss (LOL)...

Karen
Old May 31st 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
I am on the computer all the time, researching Australia and going onto this forum. I am very lucky as the majority of the time I work alone, also two of the girls in my office know that I am going to be leaving.... this is nothing compared to the shacking up of my supervisor and the big boss (LOL)...

Karen
I just keep going about my day to day stuff, keeping down the stress levels by telling myself I will have the reward of telling them of my plans before the end of the year. It's going to be the biggest shock for them, I don't think they have any idea at all!
I am organising letting out my house at the moment instead of selling it because of the housing market which my boss knows about and he even said to me "well, without any ties as someone else would be paying your mortgae tyou could go travelling". I very nearly cracked and muttered something about not being able to travel without working as well. I think I sounded convincing!

Charlene
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:50 am
not sure...

Hi again ladies,

Well, as far as work are concerned, I’ve been staying behind to do my scanning and visa stuff so nobody knows (apart form the girl who had to show me how to use the scanner...I think we’ve had it since the dark ages!!). I work in a fairly casual office so nobody would be suspicious of me being on the internet occasionally anyway, plus we just merged with another company and now everybody’s miserable, so even if it did come out that I wanted to leave, I don’t think anyone would think badly of it!!

We managed to send off the documents last night so another box ticked, now we sit and wait for months….!

Thanks all for the help,

Thérèse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.