Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Online 175 GSV, english test & attach doucuments with application?

Online 175 GSV, english test & attach doucuments with application?

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

L e e is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do we both need to have our skills assessed for the 175 GSV

Hi,

I am a secondary school teacher in England and have just had my skills assessed (received the certificate yesterday) ready for our skilled visa 175 application. I am currently married and pregnant, due in September. My husband is an electrician but I was told that my skills only needed to be assessed as he would be on the application as my spouse. Could someone please confirm this before I send the application through? Do we both need our skills assessed or just mine? Also the baby hasn't been born yet so do I mention it anywhere on my application and once it has been born do I then contact immigration then?

Sorry just a bit confused

Emma (wife of Lee)
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do we both need to have our skills assessed for the 175 GSV

You don't both need skills assessment, unless you are claiming points for partner skills. There is nowhere on the form for unborn children, you will add him/her when born.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Default Online 175 GSV, english test & attach doucuments with application?

Hi,

Can someone give me some advice? I have completed the online form ready to press send. When do you send all the certified documents? Do you have to attach them to the application if so when? Also I'm English, have a degree, lived in England my whole life, do I need to have an English test

Thanks for any help, very confused
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online 175 GSV, english test & attach doucuments with application?

Originally Posted by L e e
Hi,

Can someone give me some advice? I have completed the online form ready to press send. When do you send all the certified documents? Do you have to attach them to the application if so when? Also I'm English, have a degree, lived in England my whole life, do I need to have an English test

Thanks for any help, very confused
You won't be able to upload documents until you have pressed send and paid, DIAC do not want to have a load of half done applications with zillions of attachments taking up space and that is why you have to pay first.

No you don't have to do the English test as a native English speaker ... however it is damn hard to pass the points test without it. If you are sure you can pass the points test without IELTS (i.e. with ZERO points for Engilsh) then you can go right ahead.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

PrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant future
Default Re: Do we both need to have our skills assessed for the 175 GSV

Hi there- I notice from your later post today you are ready hit the button and send it off. In a pretty similar boat myself, but still awaiting outcome of Skills Assessment from AITSL for secondary teacher. Can I ask how long yours took to come through, and did the online status ever change from "assessment commenced"?
By the way, if you do need to do IELTS for the extra points (I did), it should be a piece of cake for a teacher!!
Good luck!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 7:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You must know if you have the points required for the 175. If you have enough then you don't need to do the test. If you are short of points then you're not ready to apply for the visa as you need the required pass mark from IELTS prior to applying.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 7:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged. No need to start a new thread on the same subject.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

The teacher assessment took 10 weeks to come through. Thanks for all the advice, going to do the English test anyway, might as well. Thanks
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by L e e
The teacher assessment took 10 weeks to come through. Thanks for all the advice, going to do the English test anyway, might as well. Thanks
It is quite black and white, no might as well about it. You either need the points or you don't. Most do.