Wikiposts

This one's a little complicated!

Old Jul 7th 2007, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

peachy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This one's a little complicated!

Ok, we're in our finishing stages of 138 (just waiting for visa grant), I am primary applicant with my rellies as AOS & sponsors. OH and I have decided to part our ways (funny how a major life move will force a lot of problems to the surface!) He still wants to go to Oz, I still want to validate until I get my life back on track. My rellies are having a duck fit (understandably) because they are liable for him running rampage, even though I know he won't. My main questions are can we find an alternative AOS even after the AOS has been OK'ed? Should I just tell my CO and have him make his own way there on a sponsored visa, if I tell her, will that the invalidate my visa application? Exactly how much are my rellies liable for as sponsors and AOS's? Any guidance would be really appreciated.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This one's a little complicated!

Originally Posted by peachy
Ok, we're in our finishing stages of 138 (just waiting for visa grant), I am primary applicant with my rellies as AOS & sponsors. OH and I have decided to part our ways (funny how a major life move will force a lot of problems to the surface!) He still wants to go to Oz, I still want to validate until I get my life back on track. My rellies are having a duck fit (understandably) because they are liable for him running rampage, even though I know he won't. My main questions are can we find an alternative AOS even after the AOS has been OK'ed? Should I just tell my CO and have him make his own way there on a sponsored visa, if I tell her, will that the invalidate my visa application? Exactly how much are my rellies liable for as sponsors and AOS's? Any guidance would be really appreciated.
Perhaps he could agree to an amount say $10,000 (if poss) which they can keep in an account for just in case. There is little chance he would be able to run up a huge debt as he wont qualifiy for most of it anyway.

The only sticky point is that as you two wont be together he technically shouldnt have his visa on the back of your application. If any doubt dont shoot yourself in the foot, withdraw his name and come on your own.

Jo