Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Which one will be counted first as validity period if you have 2/3 PCCs

Which one will be counted first as validity period if you have 2/3 PCCs

Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

mahboob807 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which one will be counted first as validity period if you have 2/3 PCCs

Hi all,
I was in UK for 2 years (2004-2006). After that I haven't been there and also I haven't spent more than 10 days to any county.

I applied online e-visa for 175 GSM on 19 Nov 09 and before that I got PCC from UK on 5 Nov 09. I shall apply for PCC of my home country later.

My question is which one DIAC will count first? 5 Nov of UK PCC which I have already got or the date of PCC of my home country (Which I will get later)?

I heard validity of entry period to OZ depends on PCC or Meds. So do you think they will count the date 5 Nov 09?

Appreciate your valuable reply.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which one will be counted first as validity period if you have 2/3 PCCs

Originally Posted by mahboob807
Hi all,
I was in UK for 2 years (2004-2006). After that I haven't been there and also I haven't spent more than 10 days to any county.

I applied online e-visa for 175 GSM on 19 Nov 09 and before that I got PCC from UK on 5 Nov 09. I shall apply for PCC of my home country later.

My question is which one DIAC will count first? 5 Nov of UK PCC which I have already got or the date of PCC of my home country (Which I will get later)?

I heard validity of entry period to OZ depends on PCC or Meds. So do you think they will count the date 5 Nov 09?

No-one is going to be able to tell you.
DIAC USUALLY use the date of the earliest out of the pcc andf the meds, and USUALLY give 12 months. But its not set in stone. Some people get 6 months, some people get completely random dates that don't seem to match either the pcc or the meds.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:23 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: Which one will be counted first as validity period if you have 2/3 PCCs

Originally Posted by mahboob807
Hi all,

The date of your UK PCC seeing as you've haven't been back after 2006 will be irrelevant.

As Pollyana indicates, there can be variations re enter by dates and nominally it'll be based from when you've had your medical examination.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:48 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozwanderer
The date of your UK PCC seeing as you've haven't been back after 2006 will be irrelevant.

As Pollyana indicates, there can be variations re enter by dates and nominally it'll be based from when you've had your medical examination.
How do you figure that the UK PCC date will be irrelevant? Do you have a link to an official source for that? In my experience the police checks have a validity of 12 months
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:24 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
How do you figure that the UK PCC date will be irrelevant? Do you have a link to an official source for that? In my experience the police checks have a validity of 12 months
He was in the UK 2004 -2006, hasn't been back since.
UK PCC dated November 2009 will cover that period.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:55 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Police checks from a country of former residence are usually exempt from the 12 months requirement - especially for non-citizens. But never guaranteed.