OMG - We have our visa!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 15th 2009, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Wal74 will become famous soon enoughWal74 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up OMG - We have our visa!!!!!!!!!!

Just came home from work and checked my emails and guess what:

WE HAVE OUR VISAS

Our case officer sure works quick. Had a email from her yesterday requesting copies of birth certificate for hubby and our son, and passport copy for our daughter (as they were unable to read) so sent that via email last night and grant letter today.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to every one of you as I don't think I would have done it without this site as we did not use an agent.

So all of you interested in timelines:

Applied Vetassess & Practical (Motor Mechanic) - July 08
Visa GSM 175 - 04/08/08
Applied Victoria SS 23/03/09 (after taken off the CSL)
Received Victoria SS 09/04/09
Case Officer 14/05/09
VISA 176 15/05/09

Hubby was from India (HR country) so I thought I would have problems with his birth certificate as in his time they were not issued, so I sent his 8th school certificate and it was OK.

Good luck to all those waiting, I am sure the time will come as I thought when I used to read other that my time will never come.
Old May 15th 2009, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice
Default Re: OMG - We have our visa!!!!!!!!!!

Great news! Congrats!!
Old May 15th 2009, 3:09 pm

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

Excellent news - many many congratulations!
Old May 16th 2009, 6:11 am
Banned

Altavista is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wal74

WE HAVE OUR VISAS

Our case officer sure works quick. Had a email from her yesterday requesting copies of birth certificate for hubby and our son, and passport copy for our daughter (as they were unable to read) so sent that via email last night and grant letter today.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to every one of you as I don't think I would have done it without this site as we did not use an agent.

Visa GSM 175 - 04/08/08
Case Officer 14/05/09
VISA 176 15/05/09

Hubby was from India (HR country) so I thought I would have problems with his birth certificate as in his time they were not issued, so I sent his 8th school certificate and it was OK.

Good luck to all those waiting, I am sure the time will come as I thought when I used to read other that my time will never come.
Congrets.

How much time did case officer give you to submit all documents.

Did you contact case officer after sending all the documents.
Old May 16th 2009, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi
Thank you all!!!

Altavista - It was 28 days from the date you receive the request. No I did not need to contact her as the day before she ask for them and the next day we had our visa (I emailed the documents)
Old May 16th 2009, 7:32 am
Banned

Hi
Thank you all!!!

Altavista - It was 28 days from the date you receive the request. No I did not need to contact her as the day before she ask for them and the next day we had our visa (I emailed the documents)
Thats really great.

It means that this assumption is not true that case officer look back the case after 28 days (or given days). He could look case anytime and make descison.

In your case he was very quick.
Old May 16th 2009, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Hi
Thank you all!!!

So Wal74, you mean to say that emailing them the documents is better than uploading the documents?
Old May 16th 2009, 8:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by live2learn
So Wal74, you mean to say that emailing them the documents is better than uploading the documents?
They recomend you to email document on given email address when asked by case officer.
Old May 16th 2009, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Altavista
They recomend you to email document on given email address when asked by case officer.
Oh ok. so then did you email your documents to them? Because in the email I received from my CO, she says:

To provide additional documents to the GSM Adelaide office please attach online via link:
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/a...N&group=travel

and then.... it says:

In the event of an error with the online link please email the documents as scanned attachments
to [email protected]

In my case, there was no error in attaching document through online link. So I don't think I need to email.

Also, Its more than 28 days since my CO's request and if I were to email them now, they might say why am I emailing them the document now after almost 2 months.

It makes sense, right Altavista?
Old May 16th 2009, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by live2learn
Oh ok. so then did you email your documents to them? Because in the email I received from my CO, she says:

To provide additional documents to the GSM Adelaide office please attach online via link:
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/a...N&group=travel

and then.... it says:

In the event of an error with the online link please email the documents as scanned attachments
to [email protected]

In my case, there was no error in attaching document through online link. So I don't think I need to email.

Also, Its more than 28 days since my CO's request and if I were to email them now, they might say why am I emailing them the document now after almost 2 months.

It makes sense, right Altavista?
Hi
Yes it did say "in the event of an error....."but when we applied back in August 08, I could not upload any of my documents as it would not let me because of the password was incorrect so all my documents were sent via email.
Hope this makes sense.
Old May 16th 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi
Yes it did say "in the event of an error....."but when we applied back in August 08, I could not upload any of my documents as it would not let me because of the password was incorrect so all my documents were sent via email.
Hope this makes sense.
You password is the same as when you were creating your online visa application.

Cheers!
Old May 16th 2009, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough

WE HAVE OUR VISAS

Visa GSM 175 - 04/08/08
Case Officer 14/05/09
VISA 176 15/05/09

great news
Old May 16th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

WE HAVE OUR VISAS

Visa GSM 175 - 04/08/08
Case Officer 14/05/09
VISA 176 15/05/09

WOW! That sure was quick!!!!

As you can see from my timeline.... still waiting..

CONGRATS!!!!