Oh no: the perfect job

Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:52 am
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Oh no: the perfect job

I've seen several ideal jobs advertised since March when we started this process, but none which allowed non-residents to apply.
I've just seen a job which is practically my job description, except I have more experience, and they are allowing non residents to apply, could this mean they might sponsor?

I applied in August this year, so I could be waiting up to a year yet, at the rate things seem to be going.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an employer sponsored visa?
Would it negatively affect or cancel my main application?
Is it a really bad idea?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oh no: the perfect job

Originally Posted by CynOpt
I've seen several ideal jobs advertised since March when we started this process, but none which allowed non-residents to apply.
I've just seen a job which is practically my job description, except I have more experience, and they are allowing non residents to apply, could this mean they might sponsor?

I applied in August this year, so I could be waiting up to a year yet, at the rate things seem to be going.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an employer sponsored visa?
Would it negatively affect or cancel my main application?
Is it a really bad idea?
Go for it girl.

The only thing you will need to be careful of if you take this route is - if you have a pr visa app and a 457 visa app in at the same time.

If you pr visa comes through you need to immediately cancel your 457 application,. If you don't and your 457 gets granted then you will go from have pr to being a temp.

If you 457 comes through followed by your pr visa app then you will be fine.

One supercedes the other.

Trish
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:43 am
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Trish, the visa we've applied for is a 496, which is temp anyway, so wouldn't be losing anything.

I'll have a chat with the OH tonight, and see what he thinks. ( I think I know already - he is ITCHING to go )

Ev
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:06 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Trish, the visa we've applied for is a 496, which is temp anyway, so wouldn't be losing anything.
Not true - you don't normally want a 496 visa cancelled by a 457 either.

If you find a job, why not ask them to sponsor you for a permanent visa?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have a chat with the OH tonight, and see what he thinks. ( I think I know already - he is ITCHING to go )

Ev
Completely irrelevant I know, so sorry in advance but.....
How did you come by your username.....thread in barbie ( sorry not clever enough to post it!)
Also, love your avatar
Old Oct 18th 2007, 1:16 am
CynOpt

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Completely irrelevant I know, so sorry in advance but.....
How did you come by your username.....thread in barbie ( sorry not clever enough to post it!)
Also, love your avatar
Hey thanks!!

CynOpt = Cynical Optimist, it's the shortest description of my personality.
ie Life's a bitch, but for some reason she seems to be on my side ( maybe cos I'm a bitch too?? )
I think life is crap for a lot of people, and I reserve the right to be cynical about that ( well hey, I'm good at it, I might as well ), but I'm very lucky ( for the most part ) - although I personally believe in the old saying "the harder you practice the luckier you get", so I'm very optimistic about my life personally.
Originally I read it in a book, my all time favourite characters grandad had the same opinion of himself, and as soon as I read it, I thought that it fitted me perfectly.
Anyway, must go, someone is ripping me apart in another thread and I must go tell them its not nice to pick on people.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks!!

CynOpt = Cynical Optimist, it's the shortest description of my personality.
ie Life's a bitch, but for some reason she seems to be on my side ( maybe cos I'm a bitch too?? )
I think life is crap for a lot of people, and I reserve the right to be cynical about that ( well hey, I'm good at it, I might as well ), but I'm very lucky ( for the most part ) - although I personally believe in the old saying "the harder you practice the luckier you get", so I'm very optimistic about my life personally.
Originally I read it in a book, my all time favourite characters grandad had the same opinion of himself, and as soon as I read it, I thought that it fitted me perfectly.
Anyway, must go, someone is ripping me apart in another thread and I must go tell them its not nice to pick on people.
Thank you for explaining, think that's a great story