Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Off-topic and irrelevant posts moved from the child visa thread

Off-topic and irrelevant posts moved from the child visa thread

Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:37 am
Look a star

zzidane will become famous soon enough
Default Off-topic and irrelevant posts moved from the child visa thread

Well thanks! I thought I might just ask the question, you never know someone may have replied that might have had a quicker turnround, not that I would then go and bet my house on the fact.
I don't recall asking if my application was going to be quicker than stated.
If I was to have gone and took the advice of some of the members on this site then I would have given up on trying to return along time ago. But as it happens my family and I now have 5yr RRV 's and are now waiting on our sons sponsored child visa. If it takes 8 months then so be it.
Cant believe the amount of negative responses some questions can get.
For example
The response from roaringmouse regarding the fact that someone elses house is overpriced. Doesn't even touch the subject in question.
Can roaringmouse come and value my property please so I dont make the same mistake.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 10:42 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long is Child Visa 101 taking to be granted? (merged threads)

Originally Posted by zzidane
Hi just wondered if anyone has applied for a sponsored child visa recently.
We have just applied for our 18 month old son and been told that 7-8 months is the norm, but considering that he is not a teenager with any previous history or convictions it may be processed quicker. Has anyone been pleasantly suprised with an earlier time frame.

Regards

Pete
Well thanks! I thought I might just ask the question, you never know someone may have replied that might have had a quicker turnround, not that I would then go and bet my house on the fact.
I don't recall asking if my application was going to be quicker than stated.
If I was to have gone and took the advice of some of the members on this site then I would have given up on trying to return along time ago. But as it happens my family and I now have 5yr RRV 's and are now waiting on our sons sponsored child visa. If it takes 8 months then so be it.
Cant believe the amount of negative responses some questions can get.
For example
The response from roaringmouse regarding the fact that someone elses house is overpriced. Doesn't even touch the subject in question.
Can roaringmouse come and value my property please so I dont make the same mistake.
Actually, you were asking if it would be processed quicker. So, you dislike negative replies? Well, not everything is going to be positive, I'm afraid. Would you like it if we started lying to people & telling them that the immigration process is really easy, and that everyone will be accepted? Whilst they might like that (at the time), it's just not true. Sometimes the news is negative, and it's better that they know in advance, than get an unpleasant surprise. If you're objecting to the point that this is not a timeline site - if people actually bothered reading the forum usage guidelines at the top of the forum before posting, they wouldn't be so surprised when people point it out to them. Just in this thread alone, the question of timelines has been asked five times, and it's been pointed out at least four times that a) this isn't a timeline site, and b) applications are individual (i.e. no two are the same, so you can't predict when they'll be granted). Pollyana even pointed out that people get offended when they ask for timelines and get told no. Yet, you've ignored it, and seem to have gotten offended. At least you can't say you weren't warned about it!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As for a timeline - depends on thousands of factors, no-one can predict it; please don't ask as a refusal often offends.
Oh, and about Roaringmouse's comment - if you'd read what he'd replied to, you'd see that the comment was relevant. Maybe not to a child visa, but it was to the previous poster's comment.

Originally Posted by WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace
I have heard 8 months to a year!!!
We have been stuck in the UK due to the house price crash and our house hasn't sold (we are depending on the sale of the house as hubby doesn't want to rent it out - he wants it sold so we can get to Oz without financial ties to the UK)
Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Meaning you may have the house overpriced - it's only worth what a buyer will pay, not what the seller might want.
If you distrust the advice from people on here, why bother asking for it?

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Feb 13th 2012 at 10:47 am.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 12:24 pm
Look a star

zzidane will become famous soon enough

No I was telling you what I had been told. Then in a separate sentence asked if anyone had an earlier response. Then if nobody replied to that question I would take it as a no. Whats the problem with that.
Then to be bombarded with negative comments. I thought I would give my pennies worth.
I did read the original thread sometime ago and yes people have asked regarding time lines, which I agree is unanswerable so I purposely started a new thread asking a different question. I did not ask to be merged into the previous thread.
I am not offended and haven't said so. I think you may have taken offence by the manner of your response.
All I have said regarding negative feedback is my opinion, based on some of the feedback I have not only read but have had in return. Am I not allowed an opinion?
Yes the post Roaringmouse commented on did state that they had yet to sell their house, probably to give us reading the thread an idea of their situation and why they were applying for the visa. No need in my opinion to answer so crudely. Why did Roaringmouse not follow with an answer to the question asked.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 12:34 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

No I was telling you what I had been told. Then in a separate sentence asked if anyone had an earlier response. Then if nobody replied to that question I would take it as a no. Whats the problem with that.
Then to be bombarded with negative comments. I thought I would give my pennies worth.
I did read the original thread sometime ago and yes people have asked regarding time lines, which I agree is unanswerable so I purposely started a new thread asking a different question. I did not ask to be merged into the previous thread.
I am not offended and haven't said so. I think you may have taken offence by the manner of your response.
All I have said regarding negative feedback is my opinion, based on some of the feedback I have not only read but have had in return. Am I not allowed an opinion?
Yes the post Roaringmouse commented on did state that they had yet to sell their house, probably to give us reading the thread an idea of their situation and why they were applying for the visa. No need in my opinion to answer so crudely. Why did Roaringmouse not follow with an answer to the question asked.
Why on earth would I be offended? Bizarre. Your post was in an aggressive tone, it's hardly surprising that someone may assume that you're offended.

Threads get merged because there's no need for people to create multiple threads on the same subject. It clogs up the forum, and people are less likely to get the answers they need when they're spread over several threads. If you'd done a search of the forum beforehand, you'd have seen how many times these questions have been asked. You may have even found your answers there.

You're arguing over semantics. What you said implied you wanted to know if someone else had been processed quicker. Different wording - same question.

You ask, "am I not allowed an opinion?", then you proceed to object to Roaringmouse stating their opinion - you see the problem there? As I have said, negative opinions are sometimes required, whether you like them or not. Immigration is hardly an easy process, so sugar coating it just because people may be easily offended is not going to do them any favours.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Why on earth would I be offended? Bizarre. Your post was in an aggressive tone, it's hardly surprising that someone may assume that you're offended.

Threads get merged because there's no need for people to create multiple threads on the same subject. It clogs up the forum, and people are less likely to get the answers they need when they're spread over several threads. If you'd done a search of the forum beforehand, you'd have seen how many times these questions have been asked. You may have even found your answers there.

You're arguing over semantics. What you said implied you wanted to know if someone else had been processed quicker. Different wording - same question.

You ask, "am I not allowed an opinion?", then you proceed to object to Roaringmouse stating their opinion - you see the problem there? As I have said, negative opinions are sometimes required, whether you like them or not. Immigration is hardly an easy process, so sugar coating it just because people may be easily offended is not going to do them any favours.
omg that was an aggressive tone was it ??? your tolerance threshold seems exceedingly low- I detected not an ounce of "aggression" in that post as I'm sure most readers wouldn't either......... I find it interesting to read other people's situations & I fear some comments on here can be harsh enough to deter new people from joining in /offering an opinion- as he quite rightly repeated he was wondering if anyone who had actually been through the same situation might respond- instead he gets a ticking off .........

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 14th 2012 at 10:30 am. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by campervanfan
omg that was an aggressive tone was it ??? your tolerance threshold seems exceedingly low- I detected not an ounce of "aggression" in that post as I'm sure most readers wouldn't either......... I find it interesting to read other people's situations & I fear some comments on here can be harsh enough to deter new people from joining in /offering an opinion- as he quite rightly repeated he was wondering if anyone who had actually been through the same situation might respond- instead he gets a ticking off .........
Yes, it was quite snappy. Presumably because he didn't get an answer he liked (and having it pointed out that this is not a timeline site - which, as I stated, if he'd read the forum usage guidelines, he'd have known beforehand). It has nothing to do with my tolerance threshold. Although having to repeat myself ad infinitum because people choose not to use the search function or read the FUGs, can get a little tedious. He then complained about 'not being able to have an opinion', whilst criticising another poster for doing just that.

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 14th 2012 at 10:31 am. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Feb 13th 2012, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Although having to repeat myself ad infinitum because people choose not to use the search function or read the FUGs, can get a little tedious. He then complained about 'not being able to have an opinion', whilst criticising another poster for doing just that.
well maybe if you're tired of having to give the same advice "ad infinitum" maybe you should take a little rest- rather than alienating contributors to the site before they even have a chance to get going....

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 14th 2012 at 10:32 am. Reason: fixing quotes. If you are going to quote someone please attribute it
Old Feb 13th 2012, 10:21 pm

[QUOTE]

well maybe if you're tired of having to give the same advice "ad infinitum" maybe you should take a little rest- rather than alienating contributors to the site before they even have a chance to get going....
Or, and I know it's a novel idea, people could learn to read. I know it's easy to miss something that is conspicuous at the top of the page, with capital letters for emphasis, but I'm sure it's doable.

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 14th 2012 at 10:32 am. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Feb 13th 2012, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

barney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant future

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 14th 2012 at 10:32 am. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barney41
Oh yes let's all laugh a lot shall we? How about everyone on here who gives help and support day in day out simply because they have been there done that and want to give back, stops posting, stops giving honest factual advice, that would be awesome wouldn't it?

Once again, this is not a timeline site. Once again every application is individual. Once again objecting to factual replies only hurts those that come after. You have no idea how this Immi Forum has suffered over the past few years because people moaning about honest facts have driven away scores of helpful knowledgeable posters who were sick to death of being told they should stop posting, that if they have nothing good to say then they should say nothing. We've lost awesome MARA registered, top of the tree, Agents simply because they have been abused for offering FREE help.

We all understand the same questions come up again and again, we all understand that some people can't be bothered to either read the red 'stickies' at the top of the page. We also understand that some people don't want to search for an answer. We still respond, we still help even if it's just to direct someone to the above suggestions. Don't knock people for helping. Don't knock them for sometimes getting a mite irritated when people don't appreciate FACTS. Just say thanks and move on. Ignore it if you want but being rude to other posters is not on.

Thank you.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

How about you give some helpful advice then?

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 14th 2012 at 10:33 am. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

barney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dorothy
How about you give some helpful advice then?[/QUOTE]

See post 29, I never wrote what you are quoting me as writing. I did agree with Campervan though and still do.

Also, I have given some useful advice to the OP by PM, saves replying to posts like this.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

See post 29, I never wrote what you are quoting me as writing. I did agree with Campervan though and still do.

Also, I have given some useful advice to the OP by PM, saves replying to posts like this.
I will go back and sort out the quotes, seems they were messed up a while back.

Always a shame when info is only passed on by pm - it could be useful to others in the future. Be careful too, not saying its the case this time but we have had people in the past giving blatantly wrong advice by pm, people have applied for visas on the basis of it and found themselves in trouble. Wrong info on the open forum at least gets corrected.