Wikiposts

Off-list Sponsorship, what's the chances?

Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Off-list Sponsorship, what's the chances?

I know each state has approximately 500 'off-list' places each migration year, or something to that effect. How are people considered for these 500 places?

I am a Primary School Teacher whose partner is applying for a lateral transfer into the Australian Army, because we have been together just short of a year and are not living together (he'd rather roll out of bed in the barracks and into work, than travel from my house, he's not a morning person lol), I can't go 'with' him on his transfer so I'm applying separately on a GSM 175. Being non CSL/MODL my visa application will take a very long time to process. He is most likely going to end up in Victoria, anyone know if Victoria will take the above into consideration or have I no chance for this off-list sponsorship?

Really disheartened and wondering what to do next, if anything!?
Old Apr 10th 2009, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

hussain_2206 has a spectacular aura abouthussain_2206 has a spectacular aura abouthussain_2206 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Off-list Sponsorship, what's the chances?

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I know each state has approximately 500 'off-list' places each migration year, or something to that effect. How are people considered for these 500 places?

I am a Primary School Teacher whose partner is applying for a lateral transfer into the Australian Army, because we have been together just short of a year and are not living together (he'd rather roll out of bed in the barracks and into work, than travel from my house, he's not a morning person lol), I can't go 'with' him on his transfer so I'm applying separately on a GSM 175. Being non CSL/MODL my visa application will take a very long time to process. He is most likely going to end up in Victoria, anyone know if Victoria will take the above into consideration or have I no chance for this off-list sponsorship?

Really disheartened and wondering what to do next, if anything!?
Hi

I applied to vic as offlist occupation and got following reply

Thank you for your application for nomination under the Skilled – Sponsored visa scheme. Unfortunately the occupation of 2211-11 Accountant is not currently listed on our Skilled – Sponsored Eligibility List and therefore the application has been made invalid.
For further information about the Skilled and Business Migration Program and sponsorship requirements please visit our website: http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...sponsored-visa.
We do also encourage you to consider other visa categories that may suit your requirements by visiting the Department of Immigration and Citizenship's website: www.immi.gov.au.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information about the Victorian Government’s Skilled and Business Migration Program.

Nevertheless there is no harm in applying as its free.......
Old Apr 10th 2009, 1:44 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hussain_2206
Hi

I applied to vic as offlist occupation and got following reply

Thank you for your application for nomination under the Skilled – Sponsored visa scheme. Unfortunately the occupation of 2211-11 Accountant is not currently listed on our Skilled – Sponsored Eligibility List and therefore the application has been made invalid.
For further information about the Skilled and Business Migration Program and sponsorship requirements please visit our website: http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...sponsored-visa.
We do also encourage you to consider other visa categories that may suit your requirements by visiting the Department of Immigration and Citizenship's website: www.immi.gov.au.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information about the Victorian Government’s Skilled and Business Migration Program.

Nevertheless there is no harm in applying as its free.......
Thanks....might wait til after Easter and phone them, has anyone got any idea when they will be back from their Easter break?
Old Apr 10th 2009, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Safin's husband got offlist sponsorship, albeit from Queensland not Victoria. Might be worth a PM to her?
Old Apr 10th 2009, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

kavin_oz is an unknown quantity at this point

For Queensland off list sponsorship one has to have a solid job offer in hands.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 2:02 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

So might it be worth a 2 month trip to Oz in July/August when I'm off school for a bit of a jobhunt? Hmmmm....

Will contact Safin too, spoken to her before on here....
Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

mango4 will become famous soon enough

Hi there

Yes for Qld off list there is a 'list' of priority industries!! (and education is not one as I have found out).

You also need long term job offer, and proof of everything.

Not sure about the other states, but they too may have a list for offlist...what happened to looking at individual circumstances eh?

I am non modl/ csl on bridging visa with a full time job, and have exhausted every possible avenue and have no option other than to wait...

Good luck anyway
Old Apr 10th 2009, 6:16 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by mango4
Hi there

Yes for Qld off list there is a 'list' of priority industries!! (and education is not one as I have found out).

You also need long term job offer, and proof of everything.

Not sure about the other states, but they too may have a list for offlist...what happened to looking at individual circumstances eh?

I am non modl/ csl on bridging visa with a full time job, and have exhausted every possible avenue and have no option other than to wait...

Good luck anyway
Thanks mate