OCTOBER '08 APPLICANTS

Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: OCTOBER '08 APPLICANTS

Chuffed actually because with the exchange rate as it is at the minute, we saved nearly £290 on the visa app on 7th Oct as opposed to doing it earlier in the year!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:32 am
Just Joined

RuthieC is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been lurking for a while but finally time to 'fess up as an October '08 applicant.

We (self and hubby - no other encumbrances!) have actually been in Adelaide since January 2007 on a 4 year 457 visa. A couple of months ago I finally managed to convince my employer to sponsor me for PR - the main reason being that we want more control over our situation in the event that they terminate the assignment early (track record says this is quite possible); PR will mean we still have the option to stay without loads of hassle.

We're using the agent chosen by my company; they obtained our 457 quite quickly so we have faith in their advice. We have spent the last couple of months getting all the paperwork together, front-loading meds and PCs etc which is what the Agent advised. It's not entirely straightforward as I am an "exceptional case" because I'm over 45 and therefore well on the way to decrepitude. So we needed some extra documents including a statement explaining why I'm the best thing since sliced bread even though I'm soooooooo old! Hope they fall for it - I wrote it myself and then got my HR Manager to sign it!

The ENS 856 application was submitted on 9th October along with the Employers nomination application. With everything front-loaded, the applications being submitted together and the processing centre being Parramatta we're quite hopeful of a fast turnaround (where have I heard those words before ......... about 6 million times on BE I think!)

I am a little paranoid about the age thing - anyone ever heard of an "over-45" being rejected?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Matlissa has a spectacular aura aboutMatlissa has a spectacular aura aboutMatlissa has a spectacular aura about

Just to let everyone know, I lodged my application yesterday, and it was granted 2hrs 45 mins later!!!!! soooo happy!!!! I am going to get my visa today!!!!!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...44#post6883244

I cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

sooperlids is on a distinguished road

We have also just applied for 175 - Skilled Independent Visas. The long wait begins.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sooperlids
We have also just applied for 175 - Skilled Independent Visas. The long wait begins.
This will probably sound crazy but I'm having on of those days already.

Once you complete the app and got your TRN, you upload the documents you need and thats it isn't it. You don't have to do anything else except wait do you? I'd hate to get 6 months down the line to realise I didn't click submit or something
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

lucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nice

Originally Posted by RuthieC
I've been lurking for a while but finally time to 'fess up as an October '08 applicant.

We (self and hubby - no other encumbrances!) have actually been in Adelaide since January 2007 on a 4 year 457 visa. A couple of months ago I finally managed to convince my employer to sponsor me for PR - the main reason being that we want more control over our situation in the event that they terminate the assignment early (track record says this is quite possible); PR will mean we still have the option to stay without loads of hassle.

We're using the agent chosen by my company; they obtained our 457 quite quickly so we have faith in their advice. We have spent the last couple of months getting all the paperwork together, front-loading meds and PCs etc which is what the Agent advised. It's not entirely straightforward as I am an "exceptional case" because I'm over 45 and therefore well on the way to decrepitude. So we needed some extra documents including a statement explaining why I'm the best thing since sliced bread even though I'm soooooooo old! Hope they fall for it - I wrote it myself and then got my HR Manager to sign it!

The ENS 856 application was submitted on 9th October along with the Employers nomination application. With everything front-loaded, the applications being submitted together and the processing centre being Parramatta we're quite hopeful of a fast turnaround (where have I heard those words before ......... about 6 million times on BE I think!)

I am a little paranoid about the age thing - anyone ever heard of an "over-45" being rejected?
Hi RuthieC
I'm hoping to be a Oct/Nov applicant but still waiting for a reference from my employer. Just to let you know my dad was granted PR 4 years ago 2 months shy of his 53 birthday. If you've got the skills to pay the bills you'll be fine.
lucierainbow
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

lucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nice

Originally Posted by Matlissa
Just to let everyone know, I lodged my application yesterday, and it was granted 2hrs 45 mins later!!!!! soooo happy!!!! I am going to get my visa today!!!!!!

WOW!!! Well done & CONGRATS!!!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matlissa

Congrats!

What visa was that?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

ricick is an unknown quantity at this point

Just applied for an ENS employer sponsored permanent visa, with only 2 days left on my 457 of 4 years, phew!

I was originally going to do it myself, but it got way too complicated, so i went through an agent. In the end my employer paid for it so worked out fine.

I have my medical this thursday, but other than that its waiting time.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

clarinsred is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ricick
Just applied for an ENS employer sponsored permanent visa, with only 2 days left on my 457 of 4 years, phew!

I was originally going to do it myself, but it got way too complicated, so i went through an agent. In the end my employer paid for it so worked out fine.

I have my medical this thursday, but other than that its waiting time.
Agents submited my 176 Family Sponsor Visa on-line today! After waiting what seemd like forever for a positive skills assessment!
I have had an offer on my house and it is not even up for sale yet, so I've had a good week so far and it's only Monday!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:48 am
Just Joined

RuthieC is an unknown quantity at this point

Cannot believe it!!!!!!! We have just received our Visa confirmation - the application was submitted on Thursday 9th October

We have been here since Australia Day 2007 on a 457 visa and earlier this year my company agreed to sponsor me for PR. The company appointed an Agent and we received great advice from them; I'm over 45 so we needed extra documentation to support the application - basically evidence that I walk on water despite my age.

Anyway it took about 2 months to get all the paperwork completed for both the Employer Nomination Submission and the Visa application. We front-loaded meds and PCs etc and then both the Employer Submission and the Visa Application were submitted together to Parramatta (paper submission - we were told by the agent that 856 cannot be submitted online).

We were told to expect to wait anything up to 5 months so were completely bowled over when we received the notification from our Agent today.

Sadly have had a whole load of work to do this evening so haven't been able to hit the bubbly yet :curse:
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RuthieC

Cannot believe it!!!!!!! We have just received our Visa confirmation - the application was submitted on Thursday 9th October

We have been here since Australia Day 2007 on a 457 visa and earlier this year my company agreed to sponsor me for PR. The company appointed an Agent and we received great advice from them; I'm over 45 so we needed extra documentation to support the application - basically evidence that I walk on water despite my age.

Anyway it took about 2 months to get all the paperwork completed for both the Employer Nomination Submission and the Visa application. We front-loaded meds and PCs etc and then both the Employer Submission and the Visa Application were submitted together to Parramatta (paper submission - we were told by the agent that 856 cannot be submitted online).

We were told to expect to wait anything up to 5 months so were completely bowled over when we received the notification from our Agent today.

Sadly have had a whole load of work to do this evening so haven't been able to hit the bubbly yet :curse:
CONGRATS!!!!

Wish our 175 would come through that quick
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

CatherineF will become famous soon enoughCatherineF will become famous soon enough

We submitted the online application for 175 on October 7th. My husband's occupation is on the MODL so we hope it won't take too long for a decision. According to the status, the application is being processed. The plan is to move to Melbourne.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 7:03 am

Swheeler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All

We submitted our 119 application on the 2nd October, they are normally processed within 6 months so hopefully we wont have to wait to long
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

shirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really nice

Hi - we have just passed our TRA..... on to the next stage!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.