Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Oct 08 175 Appt - Just received case officer!

Oct 08 175 Appt - Just received case officer!

Old Mar 13th 2010, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Kelzomac05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oct 08 175 Appt - Just received case officer!

Hey guys, I haven't posted before so please bear with me if I'm not too good at this!

Today my husband received an email from DIAC informing us we have been allocated a case officer and requesting our police checks!! Happy Days!! Things seem to be finally moving!!

Timeline: My husband is an electrician and we are not using an agent.
July 08 - positive Vetassess Assessment, Oct 08 - 175 Visa application lodged, July 09 - applied for WA SS, Dec 09 - received WA SS, March 2010 - Case Officer allocated and request for police checks.

We done our medicals in March 09 (without being requested...which we regretted soon after when the changes all came into place). These medicals obviously ran out on 7th March this year...however, they have not requested new medicals which I'm not sure if maybe they are going to use the ones they currently have?!?! Am a tad puzzled! Altho it's not hard to puzzle me! Does anyone know if they would allow that and if so what timescale we would have to validate the visas??

I have checked the checklist tho and all the medicals/x-rays says "MET". Only thing outstanding is the police checks. Sorry if I'm gibbering...am a bit excited.

Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself...I am Kelly, my husband is Graham and we have two sons - Graham (10 years) and Saul (5 years) and we are hoping to move to Perth.

Thanks for reading. xx
Old Mar 14th 2010, 10:33 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Oct 08 175 Appt - Just received case officer!

Congratulations! Only a few weeks left for you to have the dream come true Good luck!
Old Mar 14th 2010, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations on the case officer... Hopefully the wait will not be too long now.

With regards to the meducals you'll almost certainly have to redo them. As they only recently expired they might not have been out of date when your CO requested extra info.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Amit1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no need to book your medicals right away. CO can extend your medicals validity by 3 to 4 months. But that also means that you may end up getting only 3 to 4 months (or even less!) for validating your visa. Go ahead get your police clearance and submit them ASAP. goodluck
Old Mar 14th 2010, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Kelzomac05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys....I've been looking into it and noticed that some people are having their medicals validity extended. I would probably rather just do them again and then have a year to validate them, but suppose I'll just take what they give me!!

Am just soooo happy to finally hear something, never heard anything since we put the application in way back Oct 08!! Looks like there might be light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Thanks again and hope everyone hears something soon. xxx