Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Obtaining RRV - Showing your business attachment

Obtaining RRV - Showing your business attachment

Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Obtaining RRV - Showing your business attachment

Originally Posted by ruffian210
Can I ask you some questions about your RRV. You applied RRV after your initial PR visa expired, didn't you? You got one-year RRV due to your personal tie to Australia which is your uncle. Is that right? And did you apply RRV online or by paper?
Yes to all. By paper, they gave me a further month to forward supporting documentation. Some helpful discussions had with the embassy case worker along the way to see what would get me the RRV. I initially applied hoping they would accept my personal circumstance for leaving (which I thought was exceptional, but they didnt) I did not initially offer my family tie as a reason as I thought it was a long shot at best. It was only on discussions with the case worker that she indicated that my tie to my Uncle would be of use!
Old Oct 1st 2013, 4:06 am
Just Joined

ruffian210 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Yes to all. By paper, they gave me a further month to forward supporting documentation. Some helpful discussions had with the embassy case worker along the way to see what would get me the RRV. I initially applied hoping they would accept my personal circumstance for leaving (which I thought was exceptional, but they didnt) I did not initially offer my family tie as a reason as I thought it was a long shot at best. It was only on discussions with the case worker that she indicated that my tie to my Uncle would be of use!
Thanks a lot for your reply. My PR visa will expire this November. I have been outside Australia for 4 years. My mom and my sister reside in Australia at the moment. So hopefully my ties with them will help me get a one-year RRV

Last edited by ruffian210; Oct 1st 2013 at 4:09 am.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

As long as they are citizens you should be safe! Best of Luck