Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Obtaining Medical Certificate before applying for Subclass 190

Obtaining Medical Certificate before applying for Subclass 190

Old Jun 17th 2015, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Sara Kalam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obtaining Medical Certificate before applying for Subclass 190

Dear Forum mates,

Can any one please advice if it would help in expediting the visa process if the Medical Certificate is obtained well before applying for Visa , and uploaded with other documents at the time for visa application?

Would DIBP have any objections to it?
If some one has done it, can you share the experience please.

Regards,
Sara
Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining Medical Certificate before applying for Subclass 190

Originally Posted by Sara Kalam
Dear Forum mates,

Can any one please advice if it would help in expediting the visa process if the Medical Certificate is obtained well before applying for Visa , and uploaded with other documents at the time for visa application?

Regards,
Sara
DIBP won't mind.
It would only speed up the process if absolutely everything else was ready for grant and it was likely to takeages to get your medical done - and even then it may not matter

The main reason for waiting until it is requested is that it, and your police check, are only valid for 12 months, and you must enter before they expire. So by doing them early you may be decreasing the time available to validate the visa.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 11:06 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

I front-loaded my medical and sent away for my police certificates before I lodged my application because I knew I would not be in a position to get my paperwork done when the time came.

However I was also ready to fly back to Australia within a week's notice once my visa was granted so validity period was not a concern for me.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

AtherSaeed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sara Kalam
Dear Forum mates,

Regards,
Sara
Pollyana is right. It expedites the process if everything else is ready but does limit your deadline to enter Australia once you are granted the visa.
In my experience, when applying from Pakistan, the processing timelines vary big time. So, to be on the safe side its better to wait for a while and hear from your CO when to apply for PCC and med.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

MarkHoath is on a distinguished road

It doesnt expedite the process at all. Medicals are now electronically linked to applications by the medical centres.

Post lodgement you will get a HAP ID and complete your medical well before a case officer is even assigned to your case.

Unless you are trying to fall pregnant (and dont want to do the medical later) there is no point in doing it early
Old Jun 19th 2015, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Sara Kalam is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone! Taking the advice, I would go for my medical post lodgement.