Obtaining Indian Police Certificate

Old Apr 24th 2003, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

2FAST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obtaining Indian Police Certificate

How do we obtain Indian Police Certificate for the NZ OR Canadian Immigration Purpose.

Thanks,
Old Apr 24th 2003, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

engin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant future

Check out the Form 47P available at www.immi.gov.au. If you are currently living in India, you need to apply for a PCC at the office where your passport was issued. If you are living abroad, call up the nearest Indian Consulate/Embassy. They will issue the PCC in 3-4 months.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

eDGe is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was more like 3-4 weeks and not months. Indian Consulate/Embassy in US takes 35 Days.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

engin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant future

Depends on the country... Indian Consulate in Australia takes more than 3 months to issue PCC to Indian citizens..
Old Apr 25th 2003, 10:40 am
Jaj

Default Re: Obtaining Indian Police Certificate

And the deadline of 49 days is longer than the deadline given to
people in Australia, normally 35 days. Extra time is to allow for
postage. But if there has been a significant delay that you did not
have control over - ask for an extension.

Jeremy

>On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:13:50 +0000, ptlabs wrote:
    >Originally posted by gordon_flash
    >> I was foolish enough not to give my consent to be contacted by email
    >> while applying.DIMIA can happily start counting their 49 days from
    >> date of despatch of their request, while I get to know of it, a good
    >> 15 days later(Time taken for airmail to arrive).
    >>
    >If it's any consolation, ASPC do not request for police and medical
    >checks via email. The simple reason is that an offshore medical check
    >requires forms that are not available in softcopy format. So requests
    >for police and medical checks for offshore applicants are always done
    >via airmail.
    >Peter
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old Apr 25th 2003, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

2FAST is an unknown quantity at this point

Can we get the same from the local police station where we lived in India? I think that will satisfy them. Comments please
Old Apr 25th 2003, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

jude is an unknown quantity at this point

2FAST,
No you cannot get a letter from your local police station in India. The rules for getting a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for India is very clear. Fill EAP2 form available from most embassy webpages. You can refer to this site for the form: http://passport.bom.nic.in/forms.htm

In theory it takes 35 working days for the PCC to be issued if your passport has been issued outside the judistrication of where you are living now. I am not sure where eDGe got the number 3-4 months.

You can get a PCC issued from the place of issue (e.g. Mumbai etc). In case an application is submitted by anyone other than the applicant, then it should be accompanied by a proper letter of authority (This is called Annex L, and can be downloaded from the URL I mentioned earlier). The persons authorized by applicant to submit his/her application, must bring proper photo identification when he/she comes to submit the form. (Photo identification could be passport, driver’s license, Election card or PAN card).

hope this helps
Jude
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

eDGe is an unknown quantity at this point

Jude,

Put on your reading glasses , it was engin77 who mentioned that it took 3-4 months. And if you read the posts clearly you would notice that he justified the number by stating it was Indian consulate in Aussie which took that long.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Excellent eDGe
Keep up your good work!!
Old Apr 26th 2003, 3:51 am
M e M b E r

gordon_flash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jude
2FAST,
No you cannot get a letter from your local police station in India. The rules for getting a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for India is very clear. Fill EAP2 form available from most embassy webpages. You can refer to this site for the form: http://passport.bom.nic.in/forms.htm

In theory it takes 35 working days for the PCC to be issued if your passport has been issued outside the judistrication of where you are living now. I am not sure where eDGe got the number 3-4 months.

You can get a PCC issued from the place of issue (e.g. Mumbai etc). In case an application is submitted by anyone other than the applicant, then it should be accompanied by a proper letter of authority (This is called Annex L, and can be downloaded from the URL I mentioned earlier). The persons authorized by applicant to submit his/her application, must bring proper photo identification when he/she comes to submit the form. (Photo identification could be passport, driver’s license, Election card or PAN card).

hope this helps
Jude
Actually the passport office stand on issuing a PCC is very clear. They can process a request within 2 hours PROVIDED they have clear reports from the police.

AND if the passport has been issued within six months from the same passport office, no further checks are requested from police.

And to get the clear reports from CID/police following are the requirements:
1) Patience.
2) Perseverance.
3) Portion

Patience is required when you wait for the passport office clerk to forward your application to the local police station through the police headquarters. Perseverance in the act of getting police officer meet you and give you a clean chit.
Portion(luck) to get the above activities done faster.

I was foolish enough not to give my consent to be contacted by email while applying.DIMIA can happily start counting their 49 days from date of despatch of their request, while I get to know of it, a good 15 days later(Time taken for airmail to arrive).

Gordon
Old Apr 26th 2003, 10:13 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gordon_flash
I was foolish enough not to give my consent to be contacted by email while applying.DIMIA can happily start counting their 49 days from date of despatch of their request, while I get to know of it, a good 15 days later(Time taken for airmail to arrive).
If it's any consolation, ASPC do not request for police and medical checks via email. The simple reason is that an offshore medical check requires forms that are not available in softcopy format. So requests for police and medical checks for offshore applicants are always done via airmail.

Peter
Old Apr 28th 2003, 6:20 am
dex
Forum Regular

dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Any idea how long PCC's applications lodged in Pune are taking at the moment?
Pointers to an agent or anyone who can help expedite PCC will be appreciated.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Hmm,
Unfortunately you have to submit your passport to get a PCC. If you are in Pune and the passport has been issued in Pune, the the easiest option is to first go to you local police station, get them to give a clearance letter. Then take this letter to the Regional Passport Office in Pune with form EAP2 completed. If you can submit all this together, in theory they should issue you a PCC in less than 2 working days. If you talk nicely to them it can be done while you stand. Most of the time in PCC is to get this clearance letter from your local police station. If you can do this form them, things should be fast. Hope this helps.
Jude

Originally posted by dex
Any idea how long PCC's applications lodged in Pune are taking at the moment?
Pointers to an agent or anyone who can help expedite PCC will be appreciated.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 8:44 am
dex
Forum Regular

dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Jude.

Sadly, my case is not that simple - my passport is issued at Bombay, as the Pune Regional Office didnt exist at the time.

I had front-loaded my file with my police clearance last year, and it took a full 2 months to get the certificate. I can't afford to go through that again now, as I need my passport to travel overseas next week.

I've managed to get a PCC from the local Police Commissioners office very quickly, will send that across to show that I am at least working on something. If they insist, I guess I will have to apply for the PCC at the Passport office again once I return to the country.