NZ citizen in Australia need help

Old Oct 9th 2011, 3:28 am
ige
Forum Regular

ige is on a distinguished road
Default NZ citizen in Australia need help

I have a friend who has been living in AUS for about 10 years.
His wife came from overseas and she is now pregnant and now the get to know that the wife won't be covered with medicare and that they would have to pay for the delivery of the child and also other expenses like ambulance etc...

He is now trying to get is PR and lodged but its taking a while has her due date is early next year.
They really need this as the cost would be too much.
Any advice from you guys would be really appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance
Old Oct 9th 2011, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ citizen in Australia need help

I am going to guess that the male is the NZ citizen and the wife is on a 461 visa, but where does she come from? Some of the facts are a bit vague in your post.

Depending where she is from, there could be reciprocal medicare cover arrangements in place, for example if she is British. If there are no reciprocal health care agreements in place then I thought that the condition that states private health care must be taken out would be attached to the visa.

Not really sure what other advice you could be looking for, there is no medicare entitlement on this visa. What PR visa are they now applying for? Would she get healthcare if they went to New Zealand?