Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Nurse thinking to apply for a Skilled migrant visa (subclass 189)

Nurse thinking to apply for a Skilled migrant visa (subclass 189)

Old Jan 11th 2016, 5:03 pm
Banned

Hopey85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurse thinking to apply for a Skilled migrant visa (subclass 189)

Am looking to apply for this as i am a qualified nurse. Would this be correct?
Old Jan 11th 2016, 8:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Nurse thinking to apply for a Skilled migrant visa (subclass 189)

Hi there and welcome to BE.

From your other thread in the main Oz forum I gather you are an Ortho nurse looking to Perth.

I see you have two years experience .
Old Jan 11th 2016, 9:04 pm
Banned

Hey - Thanks for this. Yes I am currently working in an orthopaedic ward for a year now with the plan to work another year for relevant experience. Would be looking for the relevant visa to move to Perth Australia whilst gettin the relevant job closest to orthopaedics. Need as much information as to what I need to do for this chapter of my life to start. My partner would be joining me with his job path being a HGV driver/ Farm Worker.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 11:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hopey85
Hey - Thanks for this. Yes I am currently working in an orthopaedic ward for a year now with the plan to work another year for relevant experience. Would be looking for the relevant visa to move to Perth Australia whilst gettin the relevant job closest to orthopaedics. Need as much information as to what I need to do for this chapter of my life to start. My partner would be joining me with his job path being a HGV driver/ Farm Worker.
Working in Australia

Start with a good read of the Immigration website, and make sure you qualify for the 189 (or if not, for another visa).
You'll need to look into getting a skills assessment with ANMAC and getting yoursef registered with AHPRA.
BE also has a Nursing forum - Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations - British Expats - which has a lot of hints for people moving to Aus in the healthcare field.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 12th 2016 at 11:46 am.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 11:23 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Is your nursing qualification at degree level?
Old Jan 12th 2016, 11:44 am
Banned

Yeah it's a degree level.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 11:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it's a degree level.
Thats a good start, as diploma trained nurses now have a nightmare if they want to come here.

Have a read of the ANMAC and AHPRA requirements and see where you stand
Old Jan 12th 2016, 11:50 am
Banned

I will do - Thanks I appreciate this. Ink want to get the ball rolling as I know the visa process can take a long process.