Wikiposts

Novice's

Old Sep 30th 2007, 3:26 am
Just Joined

addison is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Novice's

We are about to embark on the emmigration journey looking to move from UK to Adelaide hopefully on a skilled visa.

My partner is a plumber/pipefitter and I am a qualified payroll/wages team leader (no idea what they are called in Australia) although I have been a full time mother for the last 2 years (a 2 year old & a new baby). We are hoping to just use the plumbing skill for the purposes of our visa.

So with this in mind would appreciate any info/advice with regards the Adelaide area and schooling/employment/average earnings etc and I guess all the usual stuff you would want to know before moving to a new area. As well as any tips for a smooth and successful application/move

We don't want much do we!!!
Old Sep 30th 2007, 4:17 am
Just Joined

The Beels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Novice's

Hi there, I'm a newbie to this site but may I offer some advice?

My husband is a carpenter adn we're applying for the 136 skilled independent visa, there are so many other visas but this means we can life where we want and are not restricted to living in the outback for 2 years (only an example!)

We have gone through a migration agent, one a friend had recommended and although we have found their advice useful (checking our documents, etc) we felt that we should've shopped around more, as prices and experience from company to company vary dramatically! Our company 'lost' my husband's original trade papers and only found them after numerous phonecalls...and charge ridiculous amounts of money for sending emails,etc) If we could do it all again, we would've gone for a one off payment option:curse:

My husband submitted and passed his Trades Recognition Assesment within one month and our application finally got acknowledged in August but now it's the long wait for a case officer...something you'll be doing in the future!

I hope you find lots of info about Adelaide, i've joined Facebook world friends and have now a few friends all over Oz giving me the lowdown on their cities and towns!

Best of luck!