Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Yeah, we took our meds in April but someone on one of these threads said that you have a month or so after, because it's when they actually get processed that the time starts ticking from.
One day I might be able to tell you whether it's true or not.
The validity of the medicals is from the date the medical is undertaken, NOT the date it is submitted, received or processed.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:48 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jane BK
God I dread the new stresses that we will have to face if we are successful. Keep posting - I keep writing things down that other people say so I can add to the "to do" list!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for keeping me going.

You will be, just try and keep positive. As you knock each thing on the head, something else pops up, i think the trick is to worry over one thing at a time and put the rest on the back burner - you will worry about everything, just try and do it as it happens.

Tip of the day - apply for a state pension forecast - turns out my OH has already paid enough NI contributions so he'll be entitled to a full state pension when he retires, i've got about 2 years worth of voluntary contributions to pay and then i'll get a full pension as well (class 3 contributions are 8.10 p.w. if you've not got a job in Oz or class 2 contributions of £2.30 if you have got a job to go to in Oz).
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The validity of the medicals is from the date the medical is undertaken, NOT the date it is submitted, received or processed.
Sorry if this is wrong, but I can only go by what I read, as I am not lucky enough to experience receiving a visa myself.
This was posted by WATS123 on 4th September 2008

Re: 475ers - anyone got your visa?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys,

Just thought i'd mention I have to enter Australia by the 9th Jan, which is when my meds cleared at the LCU and not when i took them which I thought.

Also I need completed a form 80, so you don't always need to complete them.

Last edited by Wishwewerethere; Oct 8th 2008 at 3:54 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Our validation date is the date the meds cleared NOT the date the meds were done. In our case that was a stroke of luck as it took 6 weeks from the date they were done until the day they cleared.

I don't think it's set in stone. I asked this question just before we got our visas, people's dates vary.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by jane BK
Mary

Thanks - been thinking that I'm a selfish heartless cow - which I probably am where this is concerned but...Needless to say there is no offer! But EA happy so trying not to panic yet - with no visa on the horizon I do seem to have the luxury of time. How's the packing going. Do you have a board somewhere where you are writing the days left!
I don't think you are being heartless.Whilst I have every sympathy for him there is no need to bring other people down.
It doesn't matter if your young old or dare I say dying, there is no call for being rude and obnoxious to all around them and no excuse should be given for this or else where do you draw a line.
I hope you have many more happier viewings and one that proceeds to an offer, but not too soon eh.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Our validation date is the date the meds cleared NOT the date the meds were done. In our case that was a stroke of luck as it took 6 weeks from the date they were done until the day they cleared.

I don't think it's set in stone. I asked this question just before we got our visas, people's dates vary.
Thanks Flyaway for clearing that up,
I thought I had seen a post about it and remember feeling good that we may have a little longer, but thought I was going mad and dreamt I had read it after Polyanna said this wasn't the case.

PS
Is anybody else's Karma spread out now?
Dot's seem further apart.

Last edited by Wishwewerethere; Oct 8th 2008 at 4:55 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Thanks Flyaway for clearing that up,
I thought I had seen a post about it and remember feeling good that we may have a little longer, but thought I was going mad and dreamt I had read it after Polyanna said this wasn't the case.

PS
Is anybody else's Karma spread out now?
Dot's seem further apart.
Yeah, I noticed that too... I wonder if that means there's more room for Karma? I'll send you some to find out!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tiger222
Yeah, I noticed that too... I wonder if that means there's more room for Karma? I'll send you some to find out!
That's kind, thankyou.
Have some yourself
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

That's kind, thankyou.
Have some yourself
Thanks! No change from what I can tell - still spread out.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tiger222
Thanks! No change from what I can tell - still spread out.
Yeah, same here, still, will hopefully spread out around the world!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:59 am
Just Joined

fabouliz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

no news about our visa... we are the last 08/02 on BE who haven't got their visa.... Hate it !

Ok, so done with the complaining bit... what else ?

Does anyone of you who is there ( in Oz) (or not) knows about the economic situation. As much as i love Australia, one of the thing you face (specially being european i guess) it's that it is a bit insular (Joke aside). I mean a bit cut from the rest of the world. Which i don't mind uch usually anyways.
My point being... sometimes that characteristic is seen as a drawback, but with the economy slowing down (crashing) isn't it a big plus ? How is Oz really doing at the time... i just wonder.

Recently i heard from a friend in Melbourne that ANZ took back a job offer (first time I hear such a thing... most of the time the new employee does not turn up the first day, but it does not work the other way around).... Also heard of contract not renewed (IT contractors).....

What do you know guys about all that ?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Lucky
I wouldn't advise anyone to rely on the clearance date being the validation date as its very rare......
Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

abcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the rough

Hi all:
we are waiting for the "Australian police clearance" which our friend help to send out at 29 Sep 08 by express post from sydney. but still not yet return to our friend. but now the thing we worry is THE FEE WAS CHANGED!!

Fees
From 1 July 2007 GST is no longer payable on National Police Checks. The fees as of 1 October 2008 are as follows:

$43.00 for each National Police Check application from a Government Department or an individual.
$49.00 for each National Police Check application from a Non-Government organisation (eg Commercial entities such as brokers, migration agents etc)
$145.00 for a fingerprint and National Police Check application where fingerprints are to be taken and processed by the AFP.
$105.00 for a fingerprint and National Police Check application where fingerprints are supplied to the AFP upon application.
Please note that any application received after 1 October 2008 with an incorrect fee enclosed will be returned to the applicant for correction and will need to be resubmitted for processing

SO!SO!SO! any application received after 1 Oct 08!!! so we did't know this when we sent out!! our CO have sent us the Form 1101 which was apply the OLD FEE!!

so worry! nervous! feel funny for this "received" not "application date"!!

Last edited by abcn; Oct 10th 2008 at 10:56 am.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Looked at e-mail today and couldn't believe it,....We've got.........A case officer.....yipppppeeeee!!!!!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Looked at e-mail today and couldn't believe it,....We've got.........A case officer.....yipppppeeeee!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

(It's about time)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.